Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Response from Congressman Fitzpatrick

Dear (Bang) ,

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for H.R.38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017. Your input is a vital part of the legislative process, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, H.R.38 was introduced by Representative Richard Hudson (NC-08) on January 3, 2017. The aim of this bill is to amend the criminal code to allow citizens who are able to carry a concealed firearm in their state the ability to carry a concealed firearm in any other state.

The possession of firearms in the United States is a right guaranteed by Second Amendment of our Constitution. I will proudly stand by the freedoms guaranteed to each American citizen. That is why I voted for H.J.Res.40, a bill that eliminates an Obama Administration rule that put into jeopardy the due process and 2nd amendment rights of individuals that receive disability benefits.

H.R.38 was referred to the House Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations on January 12, 2017. I will keep you informed of my work on the Second Amendment, so you can be sure I am working as your independent voice down in Washington, DC.

For additional information, you can access my website at www.brianfitzpatrick.house.gov to sign up for my e-newsletter, access my statements on current events and legislation, and find a list of services I am honored to provide the people of the 8th District of Pennsylvania. You can also follow me on my Facebook account, Facebook.com/RepBrianFitzpatrick or via twitter at https://twitter.com/RepBrianFitz.

It is an honor to serve as your independent voice in Congress.
    Sincerely,

Brian Fitzpatrick
    Member of Congress

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Response from Congressman Fitzpatrick

He's got to see which way the wind blows like himself. No answer at all.

(Bucks County)

and yet I don't see his name on the co-sponsor list.

(Bucks County)

Today I emailed him with:

I wrote asking for your support of HR 38. You responded but said not a word regarding YOUR support of HR 38.
    Yes or no: Do you and are you supporting the passage of HR38?

I don't think universal reciprocity will ever work. Even if it is passed, all the states will pass laws that will eliminate the ability of anyone but the elite few to carry. If you think they can't do that simply look at motor vehicle laws, All states recognize other states drivers licenses but each has it's own set of laws....they would do the same to any "universal carry" law...."Yes, you can carry in NJ, but no lead in your bullets, you must be on a pogo stick and must warn everyone that you are armed by constantly screaming "I've got a gun!"...it's simply a waste of time to try to get this passed.

(Bucks County)

So, if the 1934 federal law, followed by the 1986 federal law regarding machine guns and SMGs was repealed, it would be a waste of time? Yeah...you're probably right. In some states.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by thanker92 View Post
    I don't think universal reciprocity will ever work. Even if it is passed, all the states will pass laws that will eliminate the ability of anyone but the elite few to carry. If you think they can't do that simply look at motor vehicle laws, All states recognize other states drivers licenses but each has it's own set of laws....they would do the same to any "universal carry" law...."Yes, you can carry in NJ, but no lead in your bullets, you must be on a pogo stick and must warn everyone that you are armed by constantly screaming "I've got a gun!"...it's simply a waste of time to try to get this passed.
    Negative. SCOTUS has already ruled that states could regulate possession in certain sensitive places, but not entire districts/states.

So, if this were to pass, states would have to honor licenses from other states, and probably photo ID's from states that don't require a license(at least on one of the bills).

The bill could also be worded to regulate the types of ammo/magazines/firearms too. When the 2A was incorporated under the 14A, the 14A allows the US Govt to force feed our rights to the abusive states by the laws of Congress.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

My email to Fitzpatrick dated April 13th asking him yes or no remains unanswered. 13 from 25 is 12 days. Original was answered in (presumed) RoboForm in a couple of days. Perhaps he is very busy working on other matters for us.

Edited to add: it is now 5/5/2017, and I have still not received a response to the yes or no question.
    Last edited by Bang; May 5th, 2017 at 02:48 PM.

(Bucks County)

OK. Here's the more complete picture. Brian Fitzpatrick is a sleaze who evades and avoids while attempting to appear what he is not.

Remember Sheena Allen? The woman who drove into NJ and spent 48 days in jail because her LTCF was not valid in PRNJ?

She has been appearing on various venues and "rumor has it" that she had an audience before King Fitzpatrick who told her flat out he was not going to go along with HR38, that only police should have that ability. Allen was dumbfounded because she had believed the vague issues from Fitzpatrick re the 2nd amendment.

Rumor has it that King Fitzpatrick requested that his answer not be repeated...that he was trying not to go against the FOP. Rumor has it that the members of the FOP were poled and over 80 % said they believe reciprocity would be a good thing. So that rumor...that he is not going against an FOP that wants no reciprocity... were it true, is a fucking lie.

Meanwhile, another POS from Yardley formerly from PRNJ...Santasiero ...is now the Penna AG in charge of Environ-Mental who will be prosecuting those intent upon destroying our mother earth. Stand by for more Kangaroo Rat type crap.
    Last edited by Bang; May 5th, 2017 at 02:48 PM.

(Lancaster County)

What a dick. Either they think law abiding gun owners are a bad day away from snapping, that criminals will somehow apply for an ltcf so they can carry across state lines or they just hate the Second Amendment.

They hate the Second Amendment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast