Dear (Bang) ,

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for H.R.38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017. Your input is a vital part of the legislative process, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, H.R.38 was introduced by Representative Richard Hudson (NC-08) on January 3, 2017. The aim of this bill is to amend the criminal code to allow citizens who are able to carry a concealed firearm in their state the ability to carry a concealed firearm in any other state.

The possession of firearms in the United States is a right guaranteed by Second Amendment of our Constitution. I will proudly stand by the freedoms guaranteed to each American citizen. That is why I voted for H.J.Res.40, a bill that eliminates an Obama Administration rule that put into jeopardy the due process and 2nd amendment rights of individuals that receive disability benefits.

H.R.38 was referred to the House Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations on January 12, 2017. I will keep you informed of my work on the Second Amendment, so you can be sure I am working as your independent voice down in Washington, DC.

For additional information, you can access my website at www.brianfitzpatrick.house.gov to sign up for my e-newsletter, access my statements on current events and legislation, and find a list of services I am honored to provide the people of the 8th District of Pennsylvania. You can also follow me on my Facebook account, Facebook.com/RepBrianFitzpatrick or via twitter at https://twitter.com/RepBrianFitz.

It is an honor to serve as your independent voice in Congress.
Sincerely,

Brian Fitzpatrick
Member of Congress