Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Response from Congressman Fitzpatrick

I spoke to him personally at an event a few months ago. He probably won't support the Hearing protection act because of the FOP. They don't support it because it could make an active shooter situation worse (yes I know that's not true but that's what the FOP thinks?). He did say he thinks that national reciprocity has a better chance.

At the end of the day his district is trending D and Trump only won by .2%. Better someone who will vote for 1/2 bills then a D who will vote for 0/2.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by MontCo Alex View Post
    I spoke to him personally at an event a few months ago. He probably won't support the Hearing protection act because of the FOP. They don't support it because it could make an active shooter situation worse (yes I know that's not true but that's what the FOP thinks?). He did say he thinks that national reciprocity has a better chance.

At the end of the day his district is trending D and Trump only won by .2%. Better someone who will vote for 1/2 bills then a D who will vote for 0/2.

Alex
    In gun controlled Europe, surpressors are required in a lot of shooting ranges, mostly for maintaining low sound levels. I find that contrast hilarious. Europe is solidly supportive of sound surpressors. Our Democrat politicians fear "silencers" based on stereotypical Hollywood mobster movies and TV detective dramas. Face it, Democrats get most of their firearms "knowledge" from these sources. It is almost as if their knowledge and understanding of firearms has not advanced since they were children. Their knowledge of the Constitution does not exist at all for any Democrat legislator born after about 1965.

I think the devices make great sense at a range, in hunting applications and self-defense in the home. They allow a shooter to be more accurate and protect hearing. I do not see them as being at all practical in a concealed carry situation. Maybe technology has passed me by. But I struggle understanding how one might conceal their XDs with an attached sound surpressor.

Point is this. If the Democrats wake up, they will demand that we adopt the "European model" and legislate that all firearms MUST have surpressors, including CC firearms. They will tax the devices into the stratosphere. They will ban firearms that are not sound surpressed. Any disqualifying firearm will be collected and melted unless you can get it threaded at your own expense. They will use it to defeat the right to keep and bear arms.

So, as much as I would like to see the devices unregulated and available, I would prefer our legislators work at improving the FOPA and national concealed carry.

Everybody should get a free supressor once every 7 years if they have paid their taxes on time.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

(Bucks County)

Fitzpatrick's response to my APRIL 13 (!) communication, a slight delay of two and a half months:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for H.R.38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017. Your input is a vital part of the legislative process, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, H.R.38 was introduced by Representative Richard Hudson (NC-08) on January 3, 2017. The aim of this bill is to amend the criminal code to allow citizens who are able to carry a concealed firearm in their state the ability to carry a concealed firearm in any other state.

The possession of firearms in the United States is a right guaranteed by Second Amendment of our Constitution. I will proudly stand by the freedoms guaranteed to each American citizen. That is why I voted for H.J.Res.40, a bill that eliminates an Obama Administration rule that put into jeopardy the due process and 2nd amendment rights of individuals that receive disability benefits.

H.R.38 was referred to the House Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations on January 12, 2017. I will keep you informed of my work on the Second Amendment, so you can be sure I am working as your independent voice down in Washington, DC.

For additional information, you can access my website at www.brianfitzpatrick.house.gov to sign up for my e-newsletter, access my statements on current events and legislation, and find a list of services I am honored to provide the people of the 8th District of Pennsylvania. You can also follow me on my Facebook account, Facebook.com/RepBrianFitzpatrick or via twitter at https://twitter.com/RepBrianFitz.

It is an honor to serve as your independent voice in Congress.

Sincerely,

Brian Fitzpatrick
    Member of Congress

(Chester County)

Apparently the SCOTUS doesn't feel the same when refusing to hear the case.

(Lehigh County)

I would call that a 'look at the shiny object' letter. Not worth much.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Negative. SCOTUS has already ruled that states could regulate possession in certain sensitive places, but not entire districts/states.

So, if this were to pass, states would have to honor licenses from other states, and probably photo ID's from states that don't require a license(at least on one of the bills).

The bill could also be worded to regulate the types of ammo/magazines/firearms too. When the 2A was incorporated under the 14A, the 14A allows the US Govt to force feed our rights to the abusive states by the laws of Congress.
    I concur with your opinion. It will be the wording of the final bill that will determine it effectiveness.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MontCo Alex View Post

Alex
    I don't know about that--- many of the races were much closer in LMT which is 42/42/16... then you have northern Bucks is much more conservative so it really wasn't as close as one would think. I spoke to him and his brother and I will NEVER vote for him again if he runs. He needs to be primaried out. They both flat out lied on guns on numerous occasions. He was anti-Trump right before the election---and so much more. If this idiot would have stuck to Conservative principals he would have won with no problem. Heck, I know several conservatives that simply did not vote for him.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12