Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: visit to philly

(Centre County)

Default visit to philly

Planning on visiting philly soonish. Going to an area which is probably fine and so forth so I'm not too worried, but gonna be walking between a parking lot and a music venue (late at night, but short distance through hopefully well lit streets...?). Where I live back home is super safe; I'd love to have my firearm on me in a city. I am aware it is perfectly legal to do so in philly. HOWEVER. music venue. That doesn't sound wise...maybe there are security checks. I don't get involved in roudy activity at music events, but, I was curious about others' thoughts and experiences around this.

Thing that sucks is of all the things I'm planning to do this year, being in philly is one of the only places where I'd really like to feel that I have some sort of last resort protection (or at the very least, opportunity to protect) against violence. Esp. these days.
    Last edited by darnskewered; April 8th, 2017 at 07:29 PM.

(Centre County)

Default Re: visit to philly

I just checked and it is definitely not allowed where I am going. They do checks of everybody. What about just leaving my gun in my car? It'd be nice to at least have it with me when going to, say, a gas station in a city I'm unfamiliar with late at night or something. But then I'd feel uneasy about leaving it in my car in the parking lot. *edit* guess I could take my biometric safe along lol and stuff it under the car seat or something and attach its cable to some steel thing in the car or something...

(Bucks County)

The good news is; since you don't live there, when it gets stolen, the Philthy PD won't be able to revoke your LTCF.

Try and find secured parking before you take the trip. Then lock up your gun as stated. Hopefully you wont have any problems.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Stop posting and get a lawyer.......oh wait you take the trip yet?

Not much happens at the main tourist areas. It's when ya get to the outskirts and the sun goes down things get real exciting.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by darnskewered View Post
    Planning on visiting philly soonish. Going to an area which is probably fine and so forth so I'm not too worried, but gonna be walking between a parking lot and a music venue (late at night, but short distance through hopefully well lit streets...?). Where I live back home is super safe; I'd love to have my firearm on me in a city. I am aware it is perfectly legal to do so in philly. HOWEVER. music venue. That doesn't sound wise...maybe there are security checks. I don't get involved in roudy activity at music events, but, I was curious about others' thoughts and experiences around this.

Thing that sucks is of all the things I'm planning to do this year, being in philly is one of the only places where I'd really like to feel that I have some sort of last resort protection (or at the very least, opportunity to protect) against violence. Esp. these days.
    Provide some specifics and we can help. What music venue and parking lot? Location makes all the difference. The Morlocks and their depravity cluster in certain areas.

(Philadelphia County)

Soonish?...yeah specifics would help a lot lol.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Philadelphia County)

The NFL Draft will be in town starting Thursday, April 27. Try to avoid coming that whole week. Unless you like huge crowds.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by darnskewered View Post
    I just checked and it is definitely not allowed where I am going. They do checks of everybody. What about just leaving my gun in my car? It'd be nice to at least have it with me when going to, say, a gas station in a city I'm unfamiliar with late at night or something. But then I'd feel uneasy about leaving it in my car in the parking lot. *edit* guess I could take my biometric safe along lol and stuff it under the car seat or something and attach its cable to some steel thing in the car or something...
    This sounds good!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast