Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Going to local firearms safety and rights seminar tomorrow..

Thanks, i've always wanted to go to one, there's just not many offered in my area.
    Last time one was offered I had to work.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    That is exactly why.

Either prior to NICS/PICS, or shortly thereafter, one of my uncles by marriage was visited after a purchase at his place of employment. He had a prohibiting conviction back in the 1960's or so for stealing a 6-pack of beer. ...which he didn't know it was prohibiting.

He had cleared whatever initial background checks for a Beretta 92 purchase, but once the PSP had the form in their hands and did the final determination they discovered he was prohibited. They dispatched a couple troopers to his place of work, a car dealership about 30+ miles from his home.

Fortunately for him, he didn't have the firearm with him. It was at his home. They just made him drive back to his house with them, which then they confiscated the firearm. He didn't get into any trouble for it. He explained to them that he believed his conviction wasn't prohibiting(although technically it was). They then explained to my uncle that it was prohibiting back then, but the same crime isn't now - but he was convicted when it was prohibiting. The PSP was more concerned that someone slipped through whatever system was in place at the time of purchase and getting the firearm out of the hands of a prohibited person.
    Why don't they ask that when I apply for a driver's license? What if I run somebody the F over?

Almost everybody in this Commonwealth has guns, and those with LTCF are the most law abiding citizens. It is silly to suppose that everybody else will be fine with their guns but people with LTCF may need to have their guns confiscated.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Montgomery County)

Review of the Montco seminar last night is in the Montco forum. Just FYI.

Short review: very pro 2A, a little bit of dubious advice, but overall pretty factual.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123