Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default LTCF Application

Hey, all. Just became a first time firearm owner, and am applying for my LTCF in Montgomery County. Have a question about the application that I hoped someone could answer for me.

When I was 16, (I'm 37 now) I got in trouble for having a small knife in my backpack at school. Stupid mistake on my part, had left it in from camping over the weekend and it fell out and a teacher saw it. No conviction, was adjudicated delinquent, got 6 months probation and that was that. Haven't been in trouble since.

There's a specific question about adjudicated delinquent on the application, but on the back it says prohibition of LTCF is expired after 15 years or when the applicant reaches 30, whichever is earlier. I'm well past both.

My question is: do I check yes on the question about adjudicated delinquent, even though it doesn't apply to me anymore? I certainly don't want to lie on the application, but I also don't want to raise any false red flags that may delay things.

Thanks in advance!

(Beaver County)

Default Re: LTCF Application

See a lawyer, gun laws are a maze of contradicting, ambiguous, confusing laws designed to catch innocent people in their web.

"shall not infringe".

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1001 View Post
    Hey, all. Just became a first time firearm owner, and am applying for my LTCF in Montgomery County. Have a question about the application that I hoped someone could answer for me.

When I was 16, (I'm 37 now) I got in trouble for having a small knife in my backpack at school. Stupid mistake on my part, had left it in from camping over the weekend and it fell out and a teacher saw it. No conviction, was adjudicated delinquent, got 6 months probation and that was that. Haven't been in trouble since.

There's a specific question about adjudicated delinquent on the application, but on the back it says prohibition of LTCF is expired after 15 years or when the applicant reaches 30, whichever is earlier. I'm well past both.

My question is: do I check yes on the question about adjudicated delinquent, even though it doesn't apply to me anymore? I certainly don't want to lie on the application, but I also don't want to raise any false red flags that may delay things.

Thanks in advance!
    Obvious answer is spend the $200 for one hour of a lawyer's time. Second obvious answer is if that is what the government tells you to do then just do it. Sounds like you are past the threshold according to the instructions the government has posted. Third obvious answer is always seek legal advice and don't rely on the advice of strangers on the internet. BTW, don't look at this as legal advice.

(Berks County)

My thoughts are a little different, the story of my life. You can find the form to request your own background check on line and send it to Harrisburg for a $10.00 fee. If it comes back clean your question is answered, if not you then have something you can discuss with a lawyer.

(Butler County)

I worked with a young guy who is 28 but in high school he had some issues and got in a fight and hits another kid over the head with a chair. He was going to be charged with assault and instead of face that he faked a suicide attempt and got himself sent to "juvee" for a little while instead. He was at least 16 when it happened. About a year ago after worrying alot about the same thing you're worrying about, he finally attempted to buy his first handgun and to his surprise he passed the background check and walked out with a brand new Walther P22.

(Berks County)

Being permitted to own a handgun does not necessarily mean that one can be licensed to carry concealed though.