Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Blair County)

Unhappy Pioneer Gunshop owner passed away yesterday.

Just saw Bob's obit in today's (Altoona Mirror) paper. Since he (and the shop) have been the center of a few interesting threads here at PAFOA I thought I'd pass on the news.

I found out a few weeks back he was in bad health, but, I did not know how bad off he was until I stopped by the shop last week. Last few years he was actually nice to me, instead of the expected grumpy bob I was used to ever since I was a kid and we used to be next door neighbors. Customer service in the shop has been much better since my first run in with one of his employees back in 2005, when i retired from the USAF and moved back to the local area. Like him or hate him, there will never be another Bob Buchanan, hehe, which depending on what side of the fence you sat, might be a good thing.

Not sure what is going to happen to the shop. I was led to believe his daughter is going to take over. Not sure what is going to happen to the amazing collection of Curio and Relics hanging from the ceiling and mounted on the walls and in other displays.

If I understand correctly, he was a Skyraider (Navy) pilot during the Korean War. Did not know that until just a few years ago. RIP Bob, you grumpy old bastard.
    Last edited by GLHX2112; April 6th, 2017 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Grammer.
    USAF Security Police