Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Top 3 worst gun states---and #1 is????

First: Do you have to ask government permission to purchase a firearm?

Some states require that you obtain permission before purchasing handguns. A smaller subset require that you obtain permission before purchasing any gun. That infringement is a must-have for the worst states.

There are twelve states that have the requirement for all guns. They are California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island and Washington State. Maryland does not make the list, because you don’t need a permit to purchase most rifles and shotguns.

Massachusetts requires a permit to buy a gun. They require a permit to carry a gun. One permit will allow you to do both, so people are opting for that permit instead of alternatives that are only slightly less onerous.

Because of this, the number of people with Massachusetts carry permits is a respectable 7.6% of adults. Getting a permit may be difficult in Massachusetts. A permit is not guaranteed. Most Massachusetts residents who want one can get one and may bear arms. Massachusetts gets dropped off the list.

Many areas of California issue concealed carry permits on essentially a “shall issue” basis. California is a contender because of the insane and recent spate of anti-rights laws, but they are off the list of the top three. That leaves the three worst states: Hawaii, New York and New Jersey.

Yeah---It's NJ!!!!

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...es-gun-rights/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Top 3 worst gun states---and #1 is????

Pretty sure we already knew this.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Pretty sure we already knew this.
    Wait until Christie is gone---it was bad under him, it's gonna' head into "Cuba" territory under the next .Gov!

(Chester County)

You need a permit to buy a gun in CO? I know they passed some stupid gun laws since I left, but didn't think it was THAT bad???

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Wait until Christie is gone---it was bad under him, it's gonna' head into "Cuba" territory under the next .Gov!
    They deserve it.

AFAIC the more radical the radicals become the more they show what they really are. Sad, but it seems that is where we are heading, and choices will have to be made.

(Delaware County)

Really, I believe the gun owners of CA. would strongly disagree having their state being taken off any list for being the most anti gun, even off the list as being among the worst 3.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    You need a permit to buy a gun in CO? I know they passed some stupid gun laws since I left, but didn't think it was THAT bad???
    I believe you are correct. I never was aware of any shall issue permit state, which CO is, that was a permit/permission state for handgun ownership. They do a have a 15 round mag limit.
    Last edited by c45man; April 3rd, 2017 at 10:07 AM.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    I believe you are correct. I never was aware of any shall issue permit state, which CO is, that was a permit/permission state for handgun ownership. They do a have a 15 round mag limit.
    There are(were) a few shall issue states that required a permit to purchase(not to possess).

Up until just a couple years ago NC requires a permit to purchase a handgun - you had to go to your sheriff, go through background check, then you were issued the permit.

In Iowa you need a permit to purchase handguns.

In Michigan a purchase permit is required if you do not have a carry license. (Michigan also has handgun registration)

Minnesota a purchase permit is required for handguns and military style assault weapons.

Nebraska a concealed weapon permit or a handgun certification is required to purchase a handgun.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    They deserve it.

AFAIC the more radical the radicals become the more they show what they really are. Sad, but it seems that is where we are heading, and choices will have to be made.
    All I have to say is a NJ gun owner is not the same as a PA/TN gun owner---for the most part. It seems when I talk to numerous NJ gun owners they're okay with certain training requirements, permits and other onerous regulations. Mention that to a PA gun owner and you'll be excoriated..

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    All I have to say is a NJ gun owner is not the same as a PA/TN gun owner---for the most part. It seems when I talk to numerous NJ gun owners they're okay with certain training requirements, permits and other onerous regulations. Mention that to a PA gun owner and you'll be excoriated..
    Like I said...they deserve it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast