Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Advice for selling my Glock.....

Wanted to know if anybody can give me some advice here....

I have two Glocks I do not need anymore.. Problem is that I have too many magazines and parts I have bought over the years to just trade the pistols into a Gun shop, it seems most shops will just pay you for the gun (Most of the times it's way two low) and will take the magazines or anything extra with out paying you for them or raising up the price a bit, sometimes they wont even want any of them. My G23 has two .357 Sig barrels including six magazines and a 22 round extended magazine, My G19 has about 7 magazines and two extended ones as well, these magazines and barrels are obviously worth a bit of money altogether. I know there are sites like Gunbroker were I can sell the barrels and the magazines but it seems most things are sold very slow on there and all the shipping is a pain in the ass. Anybody know if there are any stores that will actually buy these items from me or any online sites that buy guns? I wouldn't mind if I was getting at the least 450-500 (Even that a lot less then what everything is worth) for everything with either gun but most of the stores only seem to buy them from you for about 275 or even less.
    Last edited by Invention; April 3rd, 2017 at 12:30 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Advice for selling my Glock.....

did you ever think about listing them on here?

I've been successfully selling on Gunbroker for years a d can tell you if your items aren't selling it's because they are priced two high or are undesirable at this time. Most accessories are a loss when you sell something since everyone has their own likes, dislikes, and opinions. Selling to a gun shop will always bring you 30-35% of your initial investment regardless of the shop. You might do a bit better if your trading with the intent of buying something at a higher value.

Sell or trade it here in the classifieds if your price is fair for a used Glock and some extra used mags then it will sell. If you want 10-15% less then what someone can by it new for then just put it back in the safe and wait for the next leftist president to get elected and talk ban. Remember used good good condition police trade Glocks are selling for $325.00-$400.00 in several different calibers depending on generation and finish wear.

(Lancaster County)

As the others mentioned, sell them in the classified section here. Either list them as a package or do the 357 barrels and some of the magazines separate. 75% of what you paid for them is a good start but maybe 65% is more realistic. The best thing that you have going for you is everybody seems to have Glock's or wants them. You should have no trouble selling them. Barrels and magazines can be shipped anyway you want and of course the pistols have to be transferred at an FFL.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    You might do a bit better if your trading with the intent of buying something at a higher value.
    This is a good option.

I have traded a few guns at Tanners and if you are buying something else at Tanners, there is no sales tax up to the value of the trade in. I traded a S&W model 66 there and they gave me what I had paid for it. I wanted to trade a S&W 5906 but they didnt give me a reasonable amount, IMO.

If you sell the mags and barrels here, you dont have to use an FFL!
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Montgomery County)

What generation is the 19? I may be interested.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Invention View Post
    Wanted to know if anybody can give me some advice here....

I have two Glocks I do not need anymore.. Problem is that I have too many magazines and parts I have bought over the years to just trade the pistols into a Gun shop, it seems most shops will just pay you for the gun (Most of the times it's way two low) and will take the magazines or anything extra whit out paying you for them or raising up the price a bit, sometimes they wont even want any of them. My G23 has two .357 Sig barrels including six magazines and a 22 round extended magazine, My G19 has about 7 magazines and two extended ones as well, these magazines and barrels are obviously worth a bit of money altogether. I know there are sites like Gunbroker were I can sell the barrels and the magazines but it seems most things are sold very slow on there and all the shipping is a pain in the ass. Anybody know if there are any stores that will actually buy these items from me or any online sites that buy guns? I wouldn't mind if I was getting at the least 450-500 (Even that a lot less then what everything is worth) for everything with either gun but most of the stores only seem to buy them from you for about 275 or even less.
    If you put a glock 19 on armslist, with 7 magazines, for $500, I will shit my pants if it doesn't sell within a week.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

In the last two months, I have purchased 2 firearms, ammunition, and a gun part off this website. List here!
    ...and they have a plan...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    What generation is the 19? I may be interested.
    My G19 is a generation 4. it has only had about 30 rounds put through it. Comes with 6-15 round mags, 1-17 round mag and a 31 and a 33 round mag.

(Allegheny County)

This is a classic problem and doesn't apply to just guns.

People want the base item, don't want to pay extra for a bunch of extras.

The extras are stuff not evrryone wants or needs, but will take if the price is low enough. But that price is lower than what a seller thinks he/she should get.

What is the value of a pristine factory carburetor for rare car X? Nothing to anyone who doesn't have that car or thinks they can sell it at a profit to someone who does, and probably not much to someone who has the car unless they happen to need a carburetor for it... but they will buy it "just because" for a give-away price.

Bottom line is you are highly unlikely to get what you want. So then it is just a matter of how badly you need the money or simply want it out of your life.

If you sell to someone who buys just to sell, of course they're going to offer a fraction of its value. That is how they make money!

Sell the gun at auction. Take all the extras and make one or two lots out of them, and sell each lot at auction. Take whatever you get and move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast