Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Senator Casey (PA) Letter Justifying No Vote on Gorsuch Confirmation to Supreme C

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    I'm still trying to cipher the democrat calculus on this. Gorsuch just gets the court back to where it was before Scalia was snuffed out. It's when Ruth Buzzi or one of the other ancient progs on the court checks out that the real ideological shift occurs. Why is scumbag Schumer blowing his load now?
    because a lot can be done between now and the next.
    they want the scale tipped fully in their favor, house always wins. and they want it that way ASAP.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Senator Casey (PA) Letter Justifying No Vote on Gorsuch Confirmation to Supreme C

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    because a lot can be done between now and the next.
    they want the scale tipped fully in their favor, house always wins. and they want it that way ASAP.
    You may have a point. The left is so unhinged and delusional they actually believe they will have Trump impeached and out of office in short order. I forgot to factor bat shit crazy into my calculation.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

You may have a point. The left is so unhinged and delusional they actually believe they will have Trump impeached and out of office in short order. I forgot to factor bat shit crazy into my calculation.
    even that aside, if they can keep the seat open for 4 years or get a liberal judge. they will only be truly happy when the SC votes in their favor every time, all the time. every decision 8-1 or 9-0 in their favor.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    even that aside, if they can keep the seat open for 4 years or get a liberal judge. they will only be truly happy when the SC votes in their favor every time, all the time. every decision 8-1 or 9-0 in their favor.
    But that simply will not happen. We have the Senate (at least for now) and Gorsuch is a done deal no matter what they do. Hopefully, the next opportunity comes along soon which will also be unstoppable. SCOTUS was the main reason I was an anyone but hillary voter and got behind Trump despite his warts.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

But that simply will not happen. We have the Senate (at least for now) and Gorsuch is a done deal no matter what they do. Hopefully, the next opportunity comes along soon which will also be unstoppable. SCOTUS was the main reason I was an anyone but hillary voter and got behind Trump despite his warts.
    it isn't a done deal until it's done. never know how many turncoats are holding seats.
    however, i hope they do what they have to in order to get him appointed.

(Bucks County)

...narrowest possible reading of federal law and exercises extreme skepticism, even hostility, toward executive agencies..
    Translation. Casey.....the poor-man's Schumer.... wants edicts, not representative-formed and crafted law. He's a POS.

(Chester County)

Ted Cruz today said he knows why EVERY democrat will not vote for Gorsuch. "DARK MONEY". A few liberal corporate business multi-billionaires wants a total federal power government, causing fear in the democratic party to go against them.

What he should've added to this was, if the 2A, the right to defend yourself and free speech etc. is taken away, Mr & Mrs America will remove each of them permanently by force via the Castro method.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Translation. Casey.....the poor-man's Schumer.... wants edicts, not representative-formed and crafted law. He's a POS.

I read that same line:
    a judicial philosophy that employs the narrowest possible reading of federal law and exercises extreme skepticism, even hostility, toward executive agencies.
    and I thought to myself "Now THERE is a judge who understands his position and place on the court."

We need about 5 more (gotta get rid of Roberts, too) like Gorsuch.

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Ted Cruz today said he knows why EVERY democrat will not vote for Gorsuch. "DARK MONEY". A few liberal corporate business multi-billionaires wants a total federal power government, causing fear in the democratic party to go against them.

What he should've added to this was, if the 2A, the right to defend yourself and free speech etc. is taken away, Mr & Mrs America will remove each of them permanently by force via the Castro method.

Turning the liberal narrative right back on them since several of them grilled the judge over dark money possibly funding his endorsement.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    I wish everyone would quit using the language of Democrats and the media. It's not the "nuclear option", it's the "Reid option".
    It's the "nuclear option" when Republicans do it.

When the Democrats do it, it's "modified parliamentary procedure".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast