Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Glock G40 MOS 10mm... Trigger Advice

Well, I finally picked up the Glock G40 MOS that I've been wanting for oh so long, and boy oh boy is the trigger on this ugly son of a bitch terrible. Like terrible even by Glock standards. I did top her with a Leupold Deltapoint Pro, and the Ameriglo obnoxiously high sights so I can get a bit of a cowitness, but damn I can't shoot this thing to save my life. My primary purpose for buying this was for shooting hogs in the face when I go visit my friends down south, but with the trigger that's in this thing now, that is simply out of the question. The problem is not so much in the pull weight (she checks consistently at 4.5lbs) , but that it breaks like a soggy stick, super mushy and in no way shape or form would the world crisp be used to describe it.

So anywhos, I'm probably going to end up swapping the stock trigger for something new. I've so far done some research on the Overwatch Precision DAT and TAC triggers, and a few of the ZEV options. But I have no experience in aftermarket Glock parts and I'm really hoping to hear the opinion of someone who knows what they're talking about, because I sure don't. Would I be better off replacing just the trigger bar, or going with a whole new drop in trigger? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Glock G40 MOS 10mm... Trigger Advice

Look up the $0.05 Glock trigger job. I do it to all my Glocks.... It makes it substantially better.... Not as good as most aftermarket, but it's a starting point.... Unless you just want to spend money

Try the 3.5lb connector and a heavier trigger spring along with the polishing. Probably cost $35 instead of $200. The trigger spring helps pull the trigger so a heavier spring makes the pull lighter. It makes the trigger decent. I never tried a drop in trigger.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Look up the $0.05 Glock trigger job. I do it to all my Glocks.... It makes it substantially better.... Not as good as most aftermarket, but it's a starting point.... Unless you just want to spend money
    x2

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Blair County)

My trigger isnt bad, but im used to Glocks......just wait till you start looking for a Holster I got the Burris, i didnt get supressor sights, but going up the center of the Burris is a white line.....out to 20 yards putting the target at the tip of that line is pretty accurate.

(Centre County)

I got her detail stripped, and the mating surfaces look terrible. I think this was either the first gun on a Monday or the last gun on a Friday, but I really think that the $0.25 trigger job will help out a bunch. I'm hoping to get to that this weekend and if so, I'll post an update. As for a holster, I have a friend who does custom Kydex holsters, we're gonna try and come up with a novel idea for something for this beast.

Thanks for the advice, hopefully it'll save me 100 bucks on an aftermarket trigger.

(Bucks County)

I don't get it. You want to shoot a big fat hog face, a fairly sizable target, and you can't do it because applying 4.5 pounds of pressure to the trigger, and continuing to do so, does not make the gun fire?

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I don't get it. You want to shoot a big fat hog face, a fairly sizable target, and you can't do it because applying 4.5 pounds of pressure to the trigger, and continuing to do so, does not make the gun fire?
    It's not the weight that is bothersome, but the fact that I can never quite tell when the trigger is going to break. Staying on target while trying to get a clean break is very difficult, especially when that target is going to have the possibility of moving. To me it seems like polishing will make for a much more consistent trigger pull as there are considerable burrs on the firing pin as well as the trigger bar and cruciform.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I've tried trigger of the particular weapon OP has, and I can tell you, it is sub-par. Even for Glock Standard.
    Although, I saw his target that he shot with it, and I think he'll be just fine with shooting Hogs in face...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuck36 View Post
    It's not the weight that is bothersome, but the fact that I can never quite tell when the trigger is going to break. Staying on target while trying to get a clean break is very difficult, especially when that target is going to have the possibility of moving. To me it seems like polishing will make for a much more consistent trigger pull as there are considerable burrs on the firing pin as well as the trigger bar and cruciform.
    I would not mess with the mating surfaces of the cruciform and striker projection. Simply shooting it will work out anything there. It would be too easy to go from "mushy" to unsafe. Dry fire the hell out of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast