Default Re: We can still get semi autos in pa for big game

Quote Originally Posted by psweigle View Post
    See post #76.
    yup still no facts there either.

(Delaware County)

See post #76.
    How do the facts you claim in post #76 equate to people blasting away at deer? The hunters you are referencing do not currently use semi-auto rifles in the woods of Pa. Your logic is flawed unless you are saying that current hunters are unsafe. If that is the case semi-auto would make little difference.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    How do the facts you claim in post #76 equate to people blasting away at deer? The hunters you are referencing do not currently use semi-auto rifles in the woods of Pa. Your logic is flawed unless you are saying that current hunters are unsafe. If that is the case semi-auto would make little difference.
    I'll say that current hunters are unsafe. If you like, I'll be happy to dig up those facts and actually post them.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I'll say that current hunters are unsafe. If you like, I'll be happy to dig up those facts and actually post them.
    Still doesn't help his argument. I know the stats myself. I like to know what I am getting into before I do it.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I am indeed saying that most hunters I have encountered in THIS state are both unsafe AND ignoant of of not only the laws and regulations, but of human nature itself. As I have already said, I have witnessed grown men fighting over who killed a game animal. I've seen grown men take a kill from a child. I've seen grown men shoot over top of others to get a deer as it was walking closer. Deer season here is a lot like Black Friday shopping. So yes, I'm against semi autos for big game hunting in THIS state.

(Perry County)

I am indeed saying that most hunters I have encountered in THIS state are both unsafe AND ignoant of of not only the laws and regulations, but of human nature itself. As I have already said, I have witnessed grown men fighting over who killed a game animal. I've seen grown men take a kill from a child. I've seen grown men shoot over top of others to get a deer as it was walking closer. Deer season here is a lot like Black Friday shopping. So yes, I'm against semi autos for big game hunting in THIS state.
    If hunting in this state terrifies you, that's on you. The rest of us shouldn't be subjected to your irrational fears and be denied the choice of whatever type of rifle we want to use. You see, I have 40 wonderful acres on which to hunt. I should have the choice and not be subjected to fearful Game Land users. If it's too scary, skip opening day, join a hunting club, lease some land, ask for permission to use private property. I don't like be held hostage by someone else's "feels" on a subject.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Delaware County)

I have only hunted with ethical hunters and have never encountered what you have. I hunt in areas when the most urban of hunters hunt. I will accept that you have had the experiences you have stated. Maybe you should find better hunting partners.

(Cumberland County)

The question was asked why, and I stated my answer. Like it or not,it is my thought on the subject. Thanks for the banter and comments. I fought to keep your opinions free and I highly value them. Good for all of you for fighting for your beliefs and opinions as well. I will never look down on anyone who fights for his or her opinions or beliefs nor should anyone else. Off to work, hope everyone has a great successful hunting season.

Paul.

(Lancaster County)

I do not feel safe here seeing what I see at the local ranges. Most of the people who are using the ar Style semis, have no clue what they are doing with them. It scares me to think of them in the woods with me.
    You're looking in the wrong places and know the wrong people. Come out to NRA High Power, CMP, 3 gun, or DMR matches instead. The majority of AR shooters are expert shooters that basically rip every absurd stereotype and nonsensical horror story about irresponsibility and stupidity to shreds. That's who will be going into the woods who isn't now.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

I've been hunting for over 50 years in about 2 dozen states and a couple of provinces of Canada and I can honestly say that I've never seen ANY difference between areas that allow/ban semis. Simply put, there are a lot of hunters there that I wouldn't trust with a sharp stick, much less a firearm.....but a semi ban makes no sense at all.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast