Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: We can still get semi autos in pa for big game

Quote Originally Posted by psweigle View Post
    Now that's just funny, like it or not, it's my option and I'm entitled to it. I do NOT think that owning a semi and using one for big game is at all the same thing. I'm simply going by what I have seen and hear at the local gun ranges among the AR rifle croud. I myself enjoy shooting AR style rifles. They are a lot of fun. But go to a gun range and watch most people shoot one. Maybe you will understand a little better my fears and concerns.
    Condescend much? I'm fairly certain most of us have been to a gun range or two. You are absolutely correct, you have your right to your opinion. The problem is when people take their opinion and start treating it like it's a fact. Worse when they start contacting the pgc or there reps and try to get them to legislate based on opinion. That's not just in this one instance either. Lots of stupid laws (particularly gun and hunting laws) are based solely on opinion and conjecture with no basis in fact. Personally I'd rather have some facts and logic in my law making, but I know that may be a stretch anymore.

The facts don't add up any of your fears in the rest of the country. Why would PA be different?

(Delaware County)

Now that's just funny, like it or not, it's my option and I'm entitled to it. I do NOT think that owning a semi and using one for big game is at all the same thing. I'm simply going by what I have seen and hear at the local gun ranges among the AR rifle croud. I myself enjoy shooting AR style rifles. They are a lot of fun. But go to a gun range and watch most people shoot one. Maybe you will understand a little better my fears and concerns.
    You stated what you believe to be fact. I think it is completely off base and borderline moronic. You did not even address my points so I dismiss your "facts" and your debate. I won't be hunting with a semi rifle due to where I will be hunting. I hope you decide to stop hunting so there will be more deer for the "new" hunters.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Cumberland County)

Here is a little fact for you. PA has the highest hunter dencity in the country. 20 hunters per square mile. That's a lot. It is a wonder that there aren't more accidents with that number of people. I hunt state game land with my son. I am not fortunate or blessed to have access to private land. I've seen grown men fight over who KILLED a deer. I've seen how people act with a pum, bolt, lever, single shot, and it makes me very concerned for the safety of others. I myself hunt with a pistol or bow. My son is using a rifle and bow. I'm not saying that all hunters will be out blazing away with ak47's and AR style rifles, I'm saying that with the number of people out in the woods per square mile is unsafe for spray and pray shooting at a deer. Or bear or elk or turkey. And you can bet that that is what it will be. They do it now with manually operated firearms.

(Clearfield County)

Here is a little fact for you. PA has the highest hunter dencity in the country. 20 hunters per square mile. That's a lot. It is a wonder that there aren't more accidents with that number of people. I hunt state game land with my son. I am not fortunate or blessed to have access to private land. I've seen grown men fight over who KILLED a deer. I've seen how people act with a pum, bolt, lever, single shot, and it makes me very concerned for the safety of others. I myself hunt with a pistol or bow. My son is using a rifle and bow. I'm not saying that all hunters will be out blazing away with ak47's and AR style rifles, I'm saying that with the number of people out in the woods per square mile is unsafe for spray and pray shooting at a deer. Or bear or elk or turkey. And you can bet that that is what it will be. They do it now with manually operated firearms.
    So you basically admit that what you're afraid of is already the case, so we need to keep the law the same to prevent people from doing what they already do.

People like you are the exact reason people like me don't give a fly fuck if hunting is banned entirely. Evidently hunters are dangerous goons and shouldn't be trusted with guns at all.

(Bucks County)

Now that's fudd logic at its finest.
    You forgot a few things though:

Semi-autos cause global warming
    They cause the recently deceased to rise from their graves and drain the blood of the living
    It's for the children, for fucks sake.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Cumberland County)

I guess you guys didn't read the part that says I enjoy shooting semiautomatic rifles. I've had quite a few over the years. I think my all time favorite is the hi point 995. What an awesome shooting piece. My point isn't that semi auto rifles aren't bad and dangerous at all, my point is that there are too many people per square mile for the people that I encounter with those weapons to be out in the woods with. I've watched them handle there weapons while others are down range checking targets. And those guys have hunting licsences. As I said, I don't think it's safe and I will stand behind my opinion. Spend time a t a public range and talk to those guys and you will see.

Here is a little fact for you. PA has the highest hunter dencity in the country. 20 hunters per square mile. That's a lot. It is a wonder that there aren't more accidents with that number of people..
    you are assuming everyone with a license 1.hunts (some get a license just to use the ranges) 2.that everyone is out hunting at the same time or hunt every season.

(Bucks County)

I did read that part. I don't necessarily believe it though.
    My opinion might be that like many fudds, you have an ulterior motive and just use the silly patently false safety argument to hide behind.

Lots of fudds are set in their ways and have the attitude of "that's the way we've always done it, I don't see any reason to change it now"
    Or, in their ignorance they think a semi auto is some kind of magic death ray that will confer an advantage onto the user. Thereby allowing the semi equipped hunter to kill more of "their" deer.

How about hunting on Sunday? Do you oppose it?
    If you do, do you oppose it because it goes against the Sabbath. Or do you oppose it by SAYING it goes against the Sabbath but what really pisses you off is while your sleeping it off Sunday morning, other hunters would be out there killing "your" deer.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Clearfield County)

I guess you guys didn't read the part that says I enjoy shooting semiautomatic rifles. I've had quite a few over the years. I think my all time favorite is the hi point 995. What an awesome shooting piece. My point isn't that semi auto rifles aren't bad and dangerous at all, my point is that there are too many people per square mile for the people that I encounter with those weapons to be out in the woods with. I've watched them handle there weapons while others are down range checking targets. And those guys have hunting licsences. As I said, I don't think it's safe and I will stand behind my opinion. Spend time a t a public range and talk to those guys and you will see.
    So why in the hell aren't you demanding that all firearms be banned for hunting?

(Cumberland County)

I'm not assuming anything, I'm telling you my point of view on what I've seen and experienced myself. I was in the army and had the opportunity to hunt in several states that did allow semi autos for hunting big game. In those states I felt safe being n the woods with people using them. I do not feel safe here seeing what I see at the local ranges. Most of the people who are using the ar Style semis, have no clue what they are doing with them. It scares me to think of them in the woods with me.
    Those other states were Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. Not all allowed semis at the time I was there, but you also didn't see near as many hunters in the woods either.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast