Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: We can still get semi autos in pa for big game

I thought I presented my point quite well. Notice that I don't have a problem with semi auto for 22 for small game. I think kids should have the opportunity to learn how to hunt. My kid uses a bolt. My choice. See nothing wrong with using a semi shotgun for waterfowl or small game. Bird hunting either. I don't think it's a safe idea for deer hunting at all. It's not that I think semi autos are bad guns, PLEASE don't mistake that. I just don't think it's safe in THIS, i repeat, THIS state. As I have said, go to a public range, or even a gun club range, and watch and talk to the people there. You will begin to see my fears.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by psweigle View Post
    I thought I presented my point quite well. Notice that I don't have a problem with semi auto for 22 for small game. I think kids should have the opportunity to learn how to hunt. My kid uses a bolt. My choice. See nothing wrong with using a semi shotgun for waterfowl or small game. Bird hunting either. I don't think it's a safe idea for deer hunting at all. It's not that I think semi autos are bad guns, PLEASE don't mistake that. I just don't think it's safe in THIS, i repeat, THIS state. As I have said, go to a public range, or even a gun club range, and watch and talk to the people there. You will begin to see my fears.
    I have been to many ranges and still do not understand your point. To counter your idea, most states have the same numbnuts that sometimes do stupid shit with guns.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I have been to many ranges and still do not understand your point. To counter your idea, most states have the same numbnuts that sometimes do stupid shit with guns.
    Nope, according to his facts, only PA has idiots.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Nope, according to his facts, only PA has idiots.
    And running deer.

(Huntingdon County)

As long as people follow the basic firearm safety rules no one will get hurt. I fail to see how being able to use semi autos for deer hunting is going to change anything? Just because you are afraid of someone using a scary black rifle for deer hunting should not justify everyone else not being able to use them.
    Because Failure Is Not An Option

(Cumberland County)

I can not figure out how to post a link yet, but if you look up the top ten states with number of hunters per square mile, you will see that PA is number one in the country. And your liberal states like California are 1/5th the number. Also, the ammunition restrictions in the states that allow semis for big game are much different than here. The facts are there. I found them, so can you. How many of you that want semis for big game have ever actually used one for big game in a state where it were legal? I have. Try it out before you make your mind up. And yes, there are idiots with guns in every state you go to, but here there will be more idiots with guns or squeeze mile than any other state in the country. That concerns me. And I think it should concern anyone who is out n the woods.

Nope not projecting. Just don't think semis for big game is not smart in THIS state. Nothing more. I have facts and opinions to support my decision.
    you have NO facts that support your opinion

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    you have NO facts that support your opinion
    See post #76.

(Delaware County)

I had a Marlin lever action in 30/30. I used it to hunt one season. I now have a Chinese SKS I bought it to serve two purposes. One was to serve as a defensive long gun if the need ever arrived and the other was to hunt with if the commission stayed with their original plan. I have practiced more with the SKS in a few months than I did with the Marlin over a couple years. I think that would be the case for many people who hunt or would like to start. I like the idea of people practicing with the gun they hunt with. When I go to the range I see mostly semi auto long guns. It is a rare occurrence when someone is shooting a traditional Pa hunting rifle. I will qualify that statement with the fact that I mostly shoot at indoor ranges in Philadelphia.

I can not figure out how to post a link yet, but if you look up the top ten states with number of hunters per square mile, you will see that PA is number one in the country. And your liberal states like California are 1/5th the number. Also, the ammunition restrictions in the states that allow semis for big game are much different than here. The facts are there. I found them, so can you. How many of you that want semis for big game have ever actually used one for big game in a state where it were legal? I have. Try it out before you make your mind up. And yes, there are idiots with guns in every state you go to, but here there will be more idiots with guns or squeeze mile than any other state in the country. That concerns me. And I think it should concern anyone who is out n the woods.
    as i said before square miles vs numbers of licenses sold mean nothing. id bet at even the higest day (opening day or first saturday) there is less than half of licensed hunters in the woods.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast