Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: We can still get semi autos in pa for big game

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    So why in the hell aren't you demanding that all firearms be banned for hunting?
    Hunting should be more sporting. Hunters should have to engage their prey hand to hoof, wrestle them to the ground and slit their throat with a stone knife. It's not fair for the animal to be sniped from 100 yards out.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by psweigle View Post
    I'm not assuming anything, I'm telling you my point of view on what I've seen and experienced myself. I was in the army and had the opportunity to hunt in several states that did allow semi autos for hunting big game. In those states I felt safe being n the woods with people using them. I do not feel safe here seeing what I see at the local ranges. Most of the people who are using the ar Style semis, have no clue what they are doing with them. It scares me to think of them in the woods with me.
    Those other states were Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. Not all allowed semis at the time I was there, but you also didn't see near as many hunters in the woods either.
    This does not sound credible to me.
    I belong to a club and every once in a while you might see someone with an evil black rifle that is struggling but to say MOST of them have no clue as to what they are doing is ridiculous.
    You're just painting yourself deeper into the fudd corner with each post.
    Several good points have been brought up but you have ignored addressing them.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Hunting should be more sporting. Hunters should have to engage their prey hand to hoof, wrestle them to the ground and slit their throat with a stone knife. It's not fair for the animal to be sniped from 100 yards out.
    TRADITION!

(Lancaster County)

I'm not assuming anything, I'm telling you my point of view on what I've seen and experienced myself. I was in the army and had the opportunity to hunt in several states that did allow semi autos for hunting big game. In those states I felt safe being n the woods with people using them. I do not feel safe here seeing what I see at the local ranges. Most of the people who are using the ar Style semis, have no clue what they are doing with them. It scares me to think of them in the woods with me.
    Those other states were Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. Not all allowed semis at the time I was there, but you also didn't see near as many hunters in the woods either.
    Have you gone to various ranges in those "safe" states to determine the behavior of those "safe" hunters when they're not hunting?

(Cumberland County)

As for Sunday hunting, I would LOVE to see that get passed. I would love to see suppressors removed from the NFA list. I think those are some of the stupidest laws and /or regulations ever implemented. I still however do not think using semi autos for big game hunting is a smart idea in THIS state. Semi autos are not bad, nor are all of us that own them.
    Furthermore, I would like to see the round count upped for the public ranges. 3 rounds is rather stupid in my opinion. I can understand doing the 3 round thing closer to rifle season. But it is silly for the rest of the year.

(Delaware County)

I think you are projecting. Now I understand. You have a far left mentality, you know you would do certain things so you believe everyone else will.
    You are wrong. You keep rehashing the same tired rhetoric that anti- gun and anti-hunting people use. Please use hard facts when debating these type of issues, it will lend credence to your arguments.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I think you are projecting. Now I understand. You have a far left mentality, you know you would do certain things so you believe everyone else will.
    You are wrong. You keep rehashing the same tired rhetoric that anti- gun and anti-hunting people use. Please use hard facts when debating these type of issues, it will lend credence to your arguments.
    Nope not projecting. Just don't think semis for big game is not smart in THIS state. Nothing more. I have facts and opinions to support my decision.

(Perry County)

You're assuming that the nitwits you've encountered are just waiting to get approval to take their semis into the woods. Hunters are a small portion of gun owners...1 in 5 or 1 in 6 in PA. Hunting is a dying sport and a lot of young people have zero interest in doing it...even if they own several guns. Your fears are unfounded and the PGC determined they were unfounded when they did their preliminary study on semis for hunting. That's why they had to rig the "survey" so the fudds would bail them out and they could reverse course.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Delaware County)

Nope not projecting. Just don't think semis for big game is not smart in THIS state. Nothing more. I have facts and opinions to support my decision.
    So you say but you produce nothing to prove any of your points. Sorry but that is not how you debate.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lancaster County)

Please post a link to those facts.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast