Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: We can still get semi autos in pa for big game

Quote Originally Posted by psweigle View Post
    I for one am scared to death to have a bunch of inexperienced people in the woods with semi auto rifles. Most of those people will be ringing shots off at running dear too far off to be shooting at anyhow. And let's not forget that even though it isn't allowed, there will be many of them running around with fmj ammo. What's the big deal, ammo is ammo. I've hunted in states where I have witnessed people act like they have no sense at all with a firearm. And my 12 year old son doesn't need to be around that. I have NEVER in my life needed to shoot a deer more than twice. And only had to put the second round into two, both being poor first shots on my part. I'm not saying all the people will act this way, but I've talked to a bunch of guys at work and frankly, someone is going to get killed for sure.

Nonsense.

(Lycoming County)

I for one am scared to death to have a bunch of inexperienced people in the woods with semi auto rifles. Most of those people will be ringing shots off at running dear too far off to be shooting at anyhow. And let's not forget that even though it isn't allowed, there will be many of them running around with fmj ammo. What's the big deal, ammo is ammo. I've hunted in states where I have witnessed people act like they have no sense at all with a firearm. And my 12 year old son doesn't need to be around that. I have NEVER in my life needed to shoot a deer more than twice. And only had to put the second round into two, both being poor first shots on my part. I'm not saying all the people will act this way, but I've talked to a bunch of guys at work and frankly, someone is going to get killed for sure.
    Yeah, cause the woods run red with blood in the 40+ states that allow it.

I wish someone would come up with an argument that is factually based against this just once.

(Lancaster County)

For the past few decades semi-autos weren't allowed in the woods, yet every year I read articles about hunters that are killed and wounded by those apparently "experienced" hunters that are using bolt actions.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Yeah, cause the woods run red with blood in the 40+ states that allow it.

I wish someone would come up with an argument that is factually based against this just once.
    There isn't one.

When California & New York are two of those states that allow semi-auto hunting it goes to show how far PA has their head up their ass.

Sounds like a steaming pile of bull shit to me.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    There isn't one.

When California & New York are two of those states that allow semi-auto hunting it goes to show how far PA has their head up their ass.
    Agreed

Personally, I don't even have any interest in hunting deer with a semi. I've got several deer rifles already and I won't be switching any time soon. I actually have focused on more handgun hunting recently too. I just get sick of hearing the same tired, baseless drivel regurgitated over and over again on this one.

(Bucks County)

Poppycock.
    Here's another recommendation to visit huntingpa.com.
    You will love it there where the fudd is strong.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Delaware County)

Not sure if you are being sarcastic, facetious, trolling or moronic so I will be simple in my reply.

I do not know a single person who would start hunting just because semi auto has been allowed. There are for sure people I know who want to start hunting but they do not even know that semi has been approved for small game and considered for big game. They all just assume you need to "take a course" and have no idea about the type of guns you can and can not use.

You have stated that you have taken poor shots at least two times in your hunting life. That says volumes about you believing you are better than others. I do not like to be in the woods with long time hunters because they are half blind and senile plus they can't hear for shit because they don't believe in hearing protection.

Hopefully you stay out of the gun rights fight in our country because it is obvious you just don't get it. And in closing Fudds all suck and can barely tell if it is duck season or rabbit season.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Cumberland County)

Now that's just funny, like it or not, it's my option and I'm entitled to it. I do NOT think that owning a semi and using one for big game is at all the same thing. I'm simply going by what I have seen and hear at the local gun ranges among the AR rifle croud. I myself enjoy shooting AR style rifles. They are a lot of fun. But go to a gun range and watch most people shoot one. Maybe you will understand a little better my fears and concerns.

I hope it gets passed and everyone afraid of getting murdered in the woods stops hunting.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast