Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by Brokedog View Post
    Hello, I'm new to the site. Not sure where to go. So I'll post here.

Today I went to pick up a gun that I won in a raffle at a gun Shop that I never been to before in Oxford PA. When he ran my info for pics. I was denied. I'm freaking out now. I have made plenty of purchases​ in the pass at different gun shops, and nothing has changed. I have a carrying permit and I carry every day. I'm very concerned about this. The dealer gave me a challenge form to fill out and mail in. My question is should I transfer all my guns in to one of my kids names till I get this figured out, and should I stop carrying? This has me upset to no end and I'm not sure how this whole process works. The dealer i went to used a computer for the pics , when I believe my normal dealer use a phone. Could that a made a difference in the process? Should I be worried about this. Or should I just mail In the challenge form. I just don't want to hear a knock at my door and my dogs getting shot over this. Any help would be appreciated.
    You could just give them to your kids as long as they are not prohibited from ownership. No need to do transfers between parents and grown children in PA.

(Erie County)

Transfer your dog until this gets resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Unless you have a name like Horace H. Ziminslakochski, s*@t happens in that system. Only you know if you have been arrested or have committed an offense that renders you unable to purchase or carry a gun in this state or any other.
    An offense by a like-named family member has booted law abiding namesakes out of the system. And of course the ever-present identity theft also could come into play.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123