Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default AR Stoner vs Bear Creek

Some great deals out there - I need a couple AR uppers to finish two lower projects. Midway and Atlantic both have deals for uppers w/bcg and ch that end up being $254-$259 with tax. One is AR Stoner the other Bear Creek. Any thoughts - are they pretty much the same quality ? Thanks!

(Beaver County)

Default Re: AR Stoner vs Bear Creek

Same quality for sure. Not to sound like an elistist, bc I am in now way shape or form, but that quality is bottom of the barrel. Not saying they won't work, bc I know they do as casual plinkers. However, there is no reason that I can see to rush the completion of rifles right now by buying substandard parts just bc of the price.

Prices are low bc of the market supply, but these have always been cheap for a reason.

(Philadelphia County)

Wasn't there a big outcry about people buying Bear Creek parts and them being out of spec?

(Cumberland County)

Thanks guys - I don't need "the best" for these builds, but I certainly don't want junk. Are they at or below PSA quality ? None of my AR's will ever see more than 50 rounds a year so again, don't have to spend top dollar on these

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Some great deals out there - I need a couple AR uppers to finish two lower projects. Midway and Atlantic both have deals for uppers w/bcg and ch that end up being $254-$259 with tax. One is AR Stoner the other Bear Creek. Any thoughts - are they pretty much the same quality ? Thanks!

Dude.

I can barely pay my bills (does late count?) and I try to avoid the cheapest stuff.
    I was going to get an AR Stoner 7.62x39 upper, but decided to buy it in pieces and build one out of better parts
    (AR-Stoner = Midway USA house brand - has nothing to do with Eugene Stoner, but it sure makes it sound trustworthy)

There's no reason at all for you to be so... ummm... "frugal".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

I'm trying to spend less in 2017 - lol. I want to retire and not be a door greeter til I'm 75 to be comfortable. Wife reminds me daily that if I didn't spend so much on firearms I could retire much sooner.................she's nuts - well, that's what I say.............thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Dude.

I can barely pay my bills (does late count?) and I try to avoid the cheapest stuff.
    I was going to get an AR Stoner 7.62x39 upper, but decided to buy it in pieces and build one out of better parts
    (AR-Stoner = Midway USA house brand - has nothing to do with Eugene Stoner, but it sure makes it sound trustworthy)

There's no reason at all for you to be so... ummm... "frugal".

(Allegheny County)

Well, I won't be able to retire at all, so stop looking at bottom of the barrel options if you aren't eating cat food yet.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Thanks guys - I don't need "the best" for these builds, but I certainly don't want junk. Are they at or below PSA quality ? None of my AR's will ever see more than 50 rounds a year so again, don't have to spend top dollar on these
    I'd say at quality with PTAC parts. PSA Freedom will be better, and Premium and CHF will be light years better.

If these rifles won't see more than 50 rounds a year, why bother? I'm all about collecting or having rifles for JIC situations where they can be used as loaners, but if that were to happen, I wouldn't want low end anyway. My lack of round count on most of my stuff is from time and finances, not from purpose.

(Cumberland County)

Being schooled - lol. Thanks, I appreciate the info.. I do not want crap for sure. How's Wilson Arms, the same ? They are just slightly more but again, if same quality I'll keep looking.
    Thanks!

(Erie County)

I love it. Any thing that is on sale or is less expensive is "bottom of the barrel". If it meets Mil-spec and it hits the target what difference does it make? 99% of the rifles out there are more accurate than the shooters that fire them are capable of. I just bought one of the AR Stoner uppers in 223/556 for $240.00 to my front door. I'll let you know if it was worth it or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast