Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Gun-Totin' Left-Wingers Demonstrate at the Arizona Capitol:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/...orizon-9192965

At least, that was my first impression upon seeing about 40 or so assorted anarchists, Brown Berets, and members of a group calling itself the Phoenix John Brown Gun Club across the street from the state Capitol, openly armed to the proverbial teeth.

I was late to the pro-Trump "Make America Great Again" march, which began at Cesar Chavez Plaza — after some confusion about the demonstration's starting at the now past-tense "Patriots Square Park" — and ended at the lawn of the Arizona Capitol.

So I headed straight to the Capitol, but the pro-Trump event was petering out. One of the cops present told me that the MAGA march consisted of a group of about 100.

However, across the street, on the Wesley Bolin Memorial Plaza-side of 17th Avenue were the left-wingers, some of them masking their faces, some not. Many of them were armed with long guns. You know, just like the "patriot" groups.

While I was taking photographs of them, a woman approached me and told me that the group would not be granting interviews. She gave me a flier with a statement from something called the "Redneck Revolt," which according to the flier aims to "put the RED back in redneck."

The flier directed people to a Facebook page and a website, and the woman said that I could contact them after the fact to ask questions.

About that time, the group lined up, double-file, and began walking toward 19th Avenue.

Since you don't every day see groups of left-wingers totin' semi-automatic rifles, strolling down the sidewalk, I figured I would follow them and record this odd phenomenon via Facebook Live.

Earlier, the spokeswoman told me that someone with the Brown Berets might talk with me, but she later came up as I was recording the group with my iPhone, and told me the Brown Berets were keeping it zipped as well.

As I walked next to them, we would encounter obstacles, like parked cars, and so forth, and I mostly would go around the other side of the obstacle, and then catch back up with the group.

But at one point, I walked next to a dude in a yellow headscarf, whom I'd tried to talk with before, and I brushed against him, unintentionally.

I didn't think much of it, as the sidewalk is only so big, but he apparently took offense, because in retaliation, he walked backwards into me, pushing me aside.

This is the sort of thing that I would normally expect from the right-wing militia-types, but, in reality, the group was little more than an ad hoc left-wing militia. So I shouldn't have been surprised.

Needless to say, this ticked me off and my language was a tad salty. Eventually, the group stopped, and a guy in sunglasses demanded to see my credentials.

I told him I was with Phoenix New Times, but I wasn't going to show him anything unless he identified himself to me.

He would not do this, and the conversation went back and forth, with him asking me to stop filming and leave, and me informing him that we're in a public place and I'm not going anywhere.

"I'm just going to warn you that we're not responsible for anything that might happen to that phone," he told me, meaning the phone I was holding.

The spokeswoman approached, justifying their request that I not film because they were "trying to protect the safety and identity of our members."

Since many were hiding their faces already, I didn't see this as much of an issue. But I informed her that we live in a free society and that means, when you are demonstrating in a public place, the press gets to film you.

Amusingly, a couple of them were filming me with their iPhones as I filmed them. The spokeswoman then raised a new issue: They did not want me to follow them to their cars and film their cars.

After some more back and forth, they told me that their real concern was that I might film their license plates and that's the reason they were acting this way.

Till this point, filming their license plates hadn't occurred to me. Nevertheless, I told them it was a dumb request because they were likely parked in public spaces, and I could almost guarantee that the cops had all of their info. So why worry about me?

Plus, a license plate is supposed to be in plain view. It is not "private" information. You display it on your car, for Chrissakes.

By the way, I did the same thing to the Arizona Liberty Guard at the March4Trump a couple of weeks ago. I followed them, watched them get into their Army surplus trucks, and filmed them until they drove away.

While I was talking to a handful of the lefties, some ran off, got their cars, and came back to pick up their comrades from the south side of Adams Street.

These progressive goons with guns tried to block me, but I did film some them driving away. The denouement of this encounter was especially ludicrous, as you will see if you watch the video that I have posted.

All apologies for my fumbling with my iPhone at the end. When the sun is beaming down on you, it's somewhat difficult to find the "Finish" button.

I made a comment on the video that this entire event proved that the far left can be as hostile to the First Amendment as the far right.

And that's coming from a big, fat liberal.

In hindsight, it occurs to me that if a left-wing militia and a right-wing militia, such as the ALG, cross paths at an future demonstration, there very easily could be bloodshed.

Both sides are loaded for bear. And I get the feeling both sides can rationalize their behavior after the fact, even if it comes down to killing someone.

I'm reminded of the 1979 shootout in Greensboro, North Carolina, when a "Death to the Klan" rally held by the Communist Workers Party was crashed by Klan and Nazi members.

Five people lost their lives, four of them CWP members.

It may be just a matter of time before history repeats itself.

However, this being Arizona, there's a lot more firepower on both sides, and I suspect, if it goes down, the body count will be higher.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Gun-Totin' Left-Wingers Demonstrate at the Arizona Capitol:

Liberals with guns, how cute. Kudos for not shooting themselves.

I skimmed through the video - the reporter was a dick. And a dick who should know to hold his phone horizontally.

(Chester County)

Well, the way I see it is that groups like this one are capable or intending to fire the first shots. My intention at that point is firing the last shots in defense of such things. One thing you can never forget because it's really important "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR ENEMIES". Always be able to respond with more intelligence and strength than the enemy is able to bear. Does wearing brown shirts have any significance to these people?
    Last edited by JenniferG; March 29th, 2017 at 11:39 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

I don't know these children, fact chicks, and neck beards seem pretty scary to me.

lefties.jpg
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 30th, 2017 at 12:03 AM.

(Chester County)

Saw this on another forum. Whole bunch of armed idiots and armed idiots are very dangerous. I forgot armed, deluded idiots and those are even more dangerous.

(York County)

Those three look like they wouldn't make it a day. If McDonald's was nearby, they certainly wouldn't pass up a few cheeseburgers to help those mom jeans fit a little tighter!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Holy shit AZ has some fat asses.
    Their group isn't going to survive a zombie apocalypse. Fatties go first.

These are the type of people that will do something stupid. And of course all gun owners will get the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Those three look like they wouldn't make it a day. If McDonald's was nearby, they certainly wouldn't pass up a few cheeseburgers to help those mom jeans fit a little tighter!
    To tell the truth, these people aren't any different than those yahoos in Texas from our side who were toting their rifles around at fast food joints to make their 2nd Amendment point. I'd say the one guy on the left in one of the pics I posted does not pass by many McDonalds either.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Defender; March 30th, 2017 at 09:52 AM.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Schuylkill County)

At least those guys were not wearing masks and uniforms. Stupid communists are channeling Hitler wearing brown shirts.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    To tell the truth, these people aren't any different than those yahoos in Texas from our side who were toting their rifles around at fast food joints to make their 2nd Amendment point. I'd say the one guy on the left in one of the pics I posted does not pass by many McDonalds either.
    I was thinking the same thing. Nobody walks around with their handguns at low ready. Rifles are no different - they should be slung. They look more like wanna-be G.I. Joes than protesters.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast