Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help review

(Bucks County)

Default Re: help review

For polymer pistols in the $200 to $600 range the difference between the prices is mostly in the quality of the marterials. Once you get above that it is mostly just the same pistols but with more features.

For example the FNX-45 comes in regular and tactical versions. They are functionally the same gun however the standard retails for $650 while the tactical retails for $1050. The difference is in the extra stuff, the tactical has a threaded barrel, suppressor height night sights and an RMR cut.

Same with the S&W M&P, there are the regular models then they have the performance center versions as well. When you get into the metal guns the price exponentially climbs past $1000 for small improvements in fit and finish as well as engravings and other fancy additions that aren't present in polymer guns.

(Lancaster County)

I wouldn't admit that I've been helping with firewood, working on cars and doing chores around the farm while collecting disability. Just sayin'.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Tioga County)

bripro,

just because I am collecting disability that does not mean I have to sit at the house and do nothing. I am allowed to make so much on disability. I do not get paid for any of it. I work on my own vehicles. I understand what you are saying. I am not able to do as much as I used to, I go until I can't and take a break. I help my family and friends out as much as I can, no law against that. I do as I can, some weeks I don't go anywhere, and some weeks are good. I take it day by day.

(Lancaster County)

^^I realize I'm coming off as a jerk, it is not my intention to point fingers but I just thought there are investigators who look into things like this. There was once a guy parked at my job taking pictures of a someone across the street working on his car. When I asked what he was up to he told me the guy is on disability and claims he can't work. I don't know what, if anything, came if it but it happened.

There are members on this forum that post that they have no guns in case "big brother" is checking in and keeping tabs. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I guess you never know.

Back on subject, if your Smith and Wesson and Hi-Point work for you you're golden. As previously mentioned, the main difference is basically ergonomics and trigger. Of course people sometimes pay more for nothing but a name.

Enjoy handgun shooting while you can. I'm proof that shoulders sometimes don't last forever.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Tioga County)

BRIPRO

I thank you for your concern, I am on disability, and as far as working on my brothers cars, I change oil, brakes, and maintain. the big stuff goes to the shop. my help with firewood is he has a load of logs deliverd, and we use his tractor to move them, I cut what I can, then we use his log spliter to split, that is only on the weekends when he is not working. on the farm about all I do is drive tractor pulling the spreader.

I did get to shoot my brothers M&P 45. it was very nice. the trigger had the same amount of pull, but was much softer. it seems to be acurate. he went ahead and let me have it, we are going to the local ffl tomarrow to pick out his new gun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123