Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TXDMERC73

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: TXDMERC73

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Ok, before we have to start handing out infractions, let me give my take.

dkf is correct, the staff cannot get involved in the money aspect of this, but only enforce the rules as they stand.

dfk out of the kindness of his heart and on his own expense, sent a part to someone that needed it to test a rifle.

TXMERC73 received that part with the apparent understanding that the part wasn't his to keep, but merely to test something out and that the part needed to be returned.

TXMERC73 then sold the rifle the part was installed in without telling dkf.

There's communication between the two, but dkf still has not been made whole for the lost part that he loaned.

The resolution for this is simple, TXMERC73 needs to make dkf whole for not returning the part that was loaned. If an agreement was made in PM regarding the amount to make whole, that's the amount that TXMERC73 needs to pay. It doesn't matter what the original part was worth since an agreement of replacement cost was made to make dkf whole.

Disclaimer: I have not seen any information from dkf other than what has been posted here in the two threads.

Resolve the issue within the rules of the forum.
    This^^^^^^
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

First off, my apologies to dkf for his not being made whole by TXDMERC73. It's been two weeks since and he PM'ed me lastnight to let me know he hasn't heard anything. The staff decided to ban TXDMERC73 for unethical behavior. DKF after my last post here sent me copies of all the PM's he received and his side of the story is confirmed. I surely hope that this incident doesn't affect dkf's decisions to help people in the future. I've met him, he's built a couple things for me and he's a great guy.

Unfortunately, we as the staff, can't do anything more than make sure TXDMERC73 cannot use the site in the future, we can't do anything to help dkf recover his missing part or money.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Thank you for your help Streaker.

(Bucks County)

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to streaker69 again."

Without being privy to the details, this seems like it was the best thing to do under the circumstances.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to streaker69 again."

Without being privy to the details, this seems like it was the best thing to do under the circumstances.
    Got Streaker for ya.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123