Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Official results of today's PGC meeting

http://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Game-C...spx?newsid=115

This is a copy/paste of their portion reporting on today's meeting.

Bottom line....semi-auto ok for small game and furbearers, not for big game.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Official results of today's PGC meeting

Left a voice mail with my disagreement on their choice. They should all be terminated immediately, no unemployment benefits, no golden parachutes, just out the door. I'm also contacting my state reps to request they rescind the raise to the prices of hunting licenses since the Game Commission does not listen to hunters.

(Monroe County)

Between the Board of Commissioners’ preliminary vote and the vote today, Game Commission staff conducted a scientific survey from a random sample of 4,000 of the state’s hunters, more than 2,000 of whom responded. The findings of that survey were presented to the commissioners at the board’s meeting on Monday.

The findings of the survey show clear support for hunting furbearers (55 percent support or strongly support), woodchucks (51 percent support or strongly support) and small game (42 percent support or strongly support, and 12 percent neither support nor oppose) with semiautomatic rifles.
    WTF did science have to do with it? 4000 fudds asked and 2000 answered? According to PGC "Hunters harvested an estimated 333,254 deer" So I didn't find how many lic were sold but I'd say it's well north of 100,000. Must of the been the same pollsters Hillary used.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Delaware County)

Apparently this issue could be revisited the following season. . This ruling applies to the 17 18 season.

(Pike County)

Personally, I think the comments I'm seeing on the interwebs about anti semi auto, and anti cross bow, and so forth narrow minded and uneducated. i understand heritage and culture and all that. But to be anti anything just because you don't like it.... that's not what this Republic is supposed to be all about. It isn't about safety, or game populations because those arguments are proofed false over and over.

On a positive note, a little progress was made this year. We can hunt yotes with AR's, and 8 can take the daughter out with a 10/22 for small game. Small steps better than no steps I guess.
    Semper Fidelis,
    Rick

(Clearfield County)

Well, they've officially convinced me not to get a license again this year.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    WTF did science have to do with it? 4000 fudds asked and 2000 answered? According to PGC "Hunters harvested an estimated 333,254 deer" So I didn't find how many lic were sold but I'd say it's well north of 100,000. Must of the been the same pollsters Hillary used.
    I guess they didn't poll people like me who haven't hunted in years but was really looking forward to doing so if they had actually brought our state into the 21st century.

Meh, looks like hunting can continue to die off, at least I won't have to worry about taking my kids now, they were interested if they could use their AR's, some old fuddy duddy bolt action? Not so much.
    That's three new licenses and two new hunters telling the PGC to go take a flying...

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Left a voice mail with my disagreement on their choice. They should all be terminated immediately, no unemployment benefits, no golden parachutes, just out the door. I'm also contacting my state reps to request they rescind the raise to the prices of hunting licenses since the Game Commission does not listen to hunters.
    Whats the number, yes I'm too lazy to look it up...

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    I guess they didn't poll people like me who haven't hunted in years but was really looking forward to doing so if they had actually brought our state into the 21st century.

Meh, looks like hunting can continue to die off, at least I won't have to worry about taking my kids now, they were interested if they could use their AR's, some old fuddy duddy bolt action? Not so much.
    That's three new licenses and two new hunters telling the PGC to go take a flying...
    Gee what type of weapon did you hunt with before? IMO you are not a hunter, you're a gun enthusiast who wants to use your favored weapon to kill. For the record I fully support using semi-auto's for hunting.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    Gee what type of weapon did you hunt with before? IMO you are not a hunter, you're a gun enthusiast who wants to use your favored weapon to kill. For the record I fully support using semi-auto's for hunting.
    I hunted with an old fudd lever gun, what's that have to do with anything?
    I lost interest.
    I was looking forward to using a Browning BAR.
    Yes, I am a gun enthusiast, so what?
    Does that mean I am not supposed to hunt as well?

You favor semi's only for "hunters" then...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast