Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Colt Delta Elite owners

I have a Kimber and it's chamber is fully supported. I understand Dan Wessons to be as well.

For those that might be interested, I have a S&W1066 that I might be selling. Be aware that the 1066 does seem to sell for a premium price though.
    The Lord Bless You

(Mercer County)

I bought two Colt Deltas when they were first offered on the market; the frames on both started cracking and they were getting a little loose after a steady diet of the original Norma load. Sent them back to Colt for repair work and when returned Colt had modified the frames and "tightened" them up. Haven't had any problems with them since.

As 10mm nut I also have a couple of Kimbers, after removing the Swartz device and trashing the Kimber magazines I have no trouble with the Kimbers.

I have a Glock 29 that after shooting a great deal developed a frame crack sent it to Glock for repairs....no other problems since its return.

S&W 1006 only thing I say about the third generation Smith is it's a tank no problems.
    S&W 610 revolver will eat any 10mm hand load you want to feed it with no problems
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Clearfield County)

No first hand experience with the Delta Elite but it seems like the problems were with the early ones. I currently have 3 10s. The Sig P220 has great case support as this pic shows. I also have a single action Ruger which has to be the strongest 10mm I ever seen. YMMV

(Centre County)

I have new Delta and Glock G20. And also have P220 10mm in layaway.
    I think the biggest weak link of Delta Elite(or any other 1911 based guns) will be the link.
    That, and being not having full chamber support.

I feel much safer to use my G20 to shoot hot rounds.
    And once I pick up the 220, I should be able to put some pretty hot ammo through that gun(Its built like tank, no lie. probably as strong as mighty 1006).

I think your much better off going with G20 if you want to try it out and see if you like it.

Or if you must get one in 1911, look in to RIA 1911 in 10mm. Don't let the Pilipino manufacturing fool you.
    They are super strong guns.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Blair County)

I have all three glocks, looking at the RIA right now, heard good things. Liked it alot when i looked at it.

(Montgomery County)

I had one years ago. I bought it used from Claytons because I thought it was the coolest looking thing ever. It was also $500 and came with the box and 6 mags. I was horribly inaccurate with it. possibly because i was over gripping it. great groups, just low and right of center. All my friends who shot it were dead on. I really enjoyed shooting it until everything started rattling off of the gun. Rear sight worked it's way loose, guide tube popped off. All that being said, I still looked at a new one at Oaks.

(Lancaster County)

Colt is now offering the DE with a rail. I love the Delta Elite. I've never shot a lot of full power loads through the original, I've shot it a lot over all these years with no problems.
    That said if it were me I'd get a new Colt or Rock Island or if you like the "other", a Glock 20 or 29. The latter for carry if you go with Glock.

I'm thinking about the new Colt Delta Elite railgun

I've heard nothing but praise for S&W but have no experience with them. If you can find one for a good price I definitely wouldn't pass it up or suggest that it's in anyway inferior to the others. As far as I can tell they are just as hard to find.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post

I'm thinking about the new Colt Delta Elite railgun

Ya me too... Why is everything I like so damn expensive(almost $1300 I believe...)
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Montgomery County)

I am looking at 2 long slide 10mm. Kimber II target and the remington hunder 10mm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12