Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Targetmaster. What is this NONSENSE????

http://targetmaster.com/Range_ID_Policy.html (View the link before you read what I have to say)

I was just looking into a range close to where a friend lives so that we can have a guys range day. I drive past this place everyday on the way to work and figured that I would look them up and see if I could find the range rates and rules. Welp being the investigator I am, I came across this. And let us just say that it annoyed me to the point that I'll never do business with them because they think people are IDIOTS!!! I get that it is your range and you can do what you want. However this is pretty much discriminatory.

1)Due to recommendations from state and federal law enforcement agencies.

No Federal, State, or Local Municipality would recommend you do something illegal.

2)Targetmaster will NO longer allow State Issued Identification Cards as a valid form of ID to enter the firearm range.

This is a government issued identification issued by the state and accepted by the federal government as IDENTIFICATION for that purpose.

3)Persons with felonies, including alcohol and drug related felonies that have had their driver’s license revoked can still be issued a State ID but under the law are prohibited from being around or operating a firearm.

No the state has not just decided to revoke the right to drive of felons without there being any vehicular crime warranting the suspension or revocation of said drivers licensing. There are many felons that possess a drivers license, and even the felon knows that they are restricted from handling, purchasing and owning a firearm. However many criminals still do just that and become repeat offenders. But that is beside the point.

There are many people that have many different reason why they do not have a drivers license. They have vision issues that prevent them from obtaining a drivers license, they have medical issues such as epilepsy that prevents them from obtaining a drivers license, they may be visiting from a place such as New York City where they have no need to have a drivers license due to public transportation. And a number of other reasons including NOT HAVING A DESIRE TO DRIVE!!!!!!! Hell my grandmother passed at 80something years old and never had the desire to drive, did not obtain a drivers license, and never got behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. Some folk just don't have the desire to drive, so they do waste the additional money on something that they won't be using.

So as you know there is an exception to every rule right???? So let me analyze these for you, and show you how stupid this person is for coming up with their precious rules.

1)You have a valid State Identification Card along with a valid Concealed Deadly Weapons Permit/License or valid Military ID.

Ok didn't you just say that Targetmaster will NO longer allow State Issued Identification Cards as a valid form of ID to enter the firearm range. So what is the point of showing it with anything else????? Help me here??? It is not a Concealed Deadly Weapons Permit/License. It is a Pennsylvania License To Carry Firearms hence it being called a "PA LTCF" or simply "LCTF". So explain to me Lucy where "Concealed" comes in for this Permit/License?? And how the state issued identification is not a valid form, but a LCTF is?? Let me help you brain child IT IS NOT THEY ARE BOTH ISSUED BY THE STATE!!!!

2)You have purchased a firearm from Targetmaster within the last 12 months.

Now here's one that just has no merit whatsoever!!!! Somebody could have LEGALLY purchased a firearm from you 3 months ago, AND HAVE BECOME A CONVICTED FELON SINCE THEN!!!!! 12 months is a long time. And lets just say that a person that is now a convicted felon purchased a firearm from Targetmaster within the last 12 months and has a valid drivers license. How do you determine that they are a convicted felon? (Answer: YOU DON'T) Are you running a PICS as well for people to access your range?

3)You have an official signed document on department letterhead from your local police department stating that you are not prohibited from possessing a firearm.

So how is this done? You send someone to their local sheriff or police commissioner and have them run a PICS? Hmmmm Who's paying for this and not purchasing a firearm or obtaining a LTCF? See the dynamic here is a little off and screams DISCRIMINATION!!!!! People DO NOT have to have a drivers license if they do not want to drive!!!! People DO NOT have to have a LTCF if they do not carry firearms!!!! They are both valid identification ISSUED BY THE STATE!!!! So how does Targetmaster go and say that FEDERAL AND STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT HAVE RECOMMENDED THIS???? WHAT IS THE PERSONS NAMES, AGENCIES, AND CONTACT INFORMATION???? See this is the very thing that annoys me, things that people come up with just to show that they are in chgarge, or have nothing better to do. But to outright LIE and say that a government agency of any type recommended something like this is a problem. And it makes me question their integrity when it comes to their business and business practices. Now I am never one to go with what other people say or write about a business until I have experienced it firsthand. However after seeing that website I believe that I will steer clear, since clearly they have an integrity issue with implementing new policies stating a recommendation from state and federal law enforcement agencies that clearly does not exist. Lemme guess they are telling people that they have the best prices for anything around too. I guess that in order to purchase a firearm from them starting April 2:

Drivers License, State ID, LTCF, Letter from Sheriff/Commissioner, Finger Prints, Urinalysis and a Notarized Letter From Your Parents and Jesus and Trump. Who are these people and better WHY DO THEY EXIST????? And then they have the nerve to say at the very end "We Appreciate Your Support!" Let it be known RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DO NOT AND WILL NOT BE SUPPORTING TARGETMASTER

And IMOHO NEITHER SHOULD YOU! But if you want to give your money to a LIAR please feel free to drink the Kool Aid and be RIPPED OFF!!!!!!! And this is coming from a guy that generally has nothing but accolades for business owners and their businesses. UNLESS YOU ARE SHADY!!!!! I OUT SHADY!!!!!!!! And this screams #SHADE

Please let me hear your thoughts.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Targetmaster. What is this NONSENSE????

You say you drive by this place everyday........so do you have a drivers license? If you do why is this such a big issue for you?

(Chester County)

No need to get butt hurt... it's all "lawyer speak", written BY lawyers FOR lawyers to keep their annual liability insurance premium under a gazillion dollars.

I bought my M&P9 there years ago for a fair price. Stop in and check out the store... no one is forcing you to spend.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    You say you drive by this place everyday........so do you have a drivers license? If you do why is this such a big issue for you?
    Not everyone that drives a car has a drivers licence.

(Philadelphia County)

@ Delkal. I wasn't going to entertain your comment. Let's say that I decide to take my mother one day, who does not drive, cannot drive, does not want to drive. Nor does she have a LTCF. But she does have an I.D. and IS NOT A CONVICTED FELON. Why should she have to jump through hoops for tops maybe two hours of range time? And have something imposed on her that is ILLEGAL. Let's just say that you go to a federal building and present your DL as I.D. and told because it is a PA license it wasn't acceptable identification. (WHICH BY THE WAY IS HAPPENING RIGHT IN DELAWARE FEDERAL BUILDINGS BECAUSE PA DOES NOT HAVE FEDERALLY COMPLIANT DL OR ID). Would you not want someone to speak out for you. The point you are missing is that you cannot say that you won't take the state's identification, but take their identification. Having a LTCF does not guarantee that the SNP is not a convicted felon. They revoke the license yes. They don't always get the card back. Which would require a call to check validity. Which I am 100% certain that is not going to happen with every LTCF that walks in there. You tracking yet??? Let's make a little sense when we post. The post wasn't meant for just me specifically it was a general posting 1) To make people aware before they take someone that doesn't drive and only has an I.D. 2) To show how people lie to get compliance 3) To show how that is discrimination towards people that are not able to obtain a drivers license due to health issues or personal preference. And I'll bet you money that if the same person attempts to purchase with an I.D. they will not be questioned. Come on man I know you're more intelligent that what was just asked.

Cant blame them. Blame lawyers and judges and lawmakers.

(Philadelphia County)

Devil Dog I get what you are saying. However you also have to know that if someone also makes a stink about it's discriminatory undertones and hires a lawyer, it can cause more financial troubles for them than an inflated insurance premium. Also no state law enforcement agency is going say that you can deem their identification as invalid for identification purposes. Targetmaster is not bigger than the state or federal. Because if the I.D. that is issued by the state is not valid, the same state issued the LTCF which means that it isn't valid either since the same information is on it. Plus it is easier to forge those things as they are not made as well as the other listed identification. No. No one is forcing me to spend, just like no one is forcing them to make sense. Why even present the I.D. with the LTCF if you just told me that it isn't valid I.D.? It's not rocket science. There are easier ways to not create a problem and weed out those that don't belong. Marines know that.... lol

(Philadelphia County)

This really doesn't sound like something an experienced lawyer would say or do. Look at what they WILL NOT ACCEPT. Then look at the exceptions. First exception is:

1)You have a valid State Identification Card along with a valid Concealed Deadly Weapons Permit/License or valid Military ID.

Ask yourself these questions:

1)Is the I.D. recognized to make a purchase if I decide to purchase?

Yes! By state law it cannot be denied.

2)So how is it INVALID for the range?

By law it is not. Just something they cooked up. Cause it is allowed for purchases as per the state.

(Allegheny County)

I'm not reading the entire rant because on your FIRST POINT you made it clear that you either didn't really read what the policy is and WHY it is the way it is, or you read it and don't understand it.

It makes sense to me.

And please use paragraphs.
    You may have had something to say that made sense in the follow up replies, but nobody can read that sort of wall of text unless they really, really want to.

Too hard on the eyes.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

LMAO @ REMMINGTON 788!!!!!!! See I wasn't gonna go there, I was playing nice....

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast