Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Targetmaster. What is this NONSENSE????

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Cant blame them. Blame lawyers and judges and lawmakers.
    this... and by the way, OP, people are idiots.

(Delaware County)

Operator0326 are operating operationally?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lehigh County)

OK Operator, the obvious goal is to prevent prohibited persons from access to the range. How would you do it ?

They are not saying a state issued ID is not acceptable as a form of ID (for which it is intended), but it does not meet their requirements (or their lawyer or insurance company) for access to the range. It appears to be a business decision to forgo that traffic who do not meet the requirements. I do not believe those folks constitute a protected class under law.

(Chester County)

Fine Operator0326, you don't get to experience the magic that is the "master"

If you ever saw the morons that walk in there you'd understand the policy.

(Monroe County)

OP, I'm not sure why you’re so angry about the policy. sure the policy is a stretch, and they certainly could of worded it better but i think the message wasn't directed at honest law abiding citizens. they are just trying to keep those who are prohibited out and it's probably more of a CYA policy. i think you may have read too much into it but at the end of the day it's your money and your free to spend it (or not) where you please.

(Philadelphia County)

I get that you try to reduce the prohibited unprotected people from having access. However you are also infringing that on those that are protected and and not prohibited. Which can in turn cause issues for the business owner if one so decides to push the issue and get a powerful civil rights attorney. Now the shop owner has to raise prices ridiculously or go out of business because one person that just didn't like how that is written decided to sue and won a substantial amount of money. There really isn't any set protocol for preventing prohibited persons from accessing a gun range. They are somewhat protected because if they didn't have any rights, I believe that their felony status would be displayed on any type of I.D. they have. Just like it is almost impossible to keep a determined criminal from owning and possessing his own weapon illegally. See words and locks only keep honest people from doing things. A criminal just doesn't care what you say. If they are going to do/have it, they will. And that is the problem with all of this.

(Philadelphia County)

I didn't read too much into it. I read what was there. I get that it could have been written differently. However my point is simple. Don't say something is invalid, then turn around and make it an a part of an exception. That's like saying you have a gun for sale and you won't accept cash for it, but if I show you my debit card and give you cash that's just fine. Like my granddad always said "Common sense isn't really all that common".

(Philadelphia County)

I have never been there. So no I don't know what their patrons are like. I'm sure that it is a different dynamic being that it is pretty much in suburbia. I can figure that its like any other shop that I have been in. A mixed bag of nuts. You get your experienced people, your know it all's, and your dregs of society. That's everywhere. But you have to see it from multiple points of view as I do. I didn't feel very welcomed when I read that. Had to read it out loud to someone and they asked the same question. Prefaced with "HUH WHAAAA"? I get the direction that they want to go. However it could also turn into a PR nightmare.

(Philadelphia County)

As far as what @mpan? If you're asking if I am still active. No. I tapped out in '03 long before the mos designator change.

(Philadelphia County)

To all I am going to be a fair guy. And what I am going to do is poke my head in just to gauge the climate, so I can see the operation first hand. Then I will come back and post my experience with going in there. I will go in with an open mind and be receptive to the staff and other customers. Collect my intel and come back here and post my findings. Not trying to be a prick. I have always been fair in dealing with people and businesses. And have made friends with a few shops and ranges that I frequent. I may even take a person that is new to shooting and firearms purchases just to gauge that interaction as well. It can't hurt to do that. Worst case scenario is that it is as bad as I have read thus far. Or it can be a really really good experience. We will see. Hoping for the best.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast