Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade 1911?

(Centre County)

Default Re: Trade 1911?

If he doesn't like it, he won't shoot it. If he doesn't shoot it, he won't get any better. Better he get something that he likes and will practice with and get proficient in its functions.

DO NOT sell to a gun shop, he won't get anything near what it's worth. He may get a bit more if he is going to buy something else at the shop he is trading it at. Better to sell privately if that is what he wants and is going to do.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Tioga County)

I buy a lot of my ammo at cheaperthandirt.com or the sportsmansguide.com they have some good deals, and you can get surplus ammo cheap. just takes a little time to get used to it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by scottbird39 View Post
    I buy a lot of my ammo at cheaperthandirt.com or the sportsmansguide.com they have some good deals, and you can get surplus ammo cheap. just takes a little time to get used to it.
    You shouldn't admit that here. CTD is not very popular for some very good reasons.

There are other, better choices to source ammo. Freedom munitions, PSA are two to name a few.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    It sure does.......Ill trade my Glock 19 for it right now!!

Seriously though, If you decide to sell/swap it be patient. Finding someone with the right deal, whether its cash or another gun, sometimes takes time. Enjoy what you already have in the meantime.

Hell, I'll trade him a full sized model 17 and two high cap mags.

(Berks County)

If your mom buying you a gun doesn't impart sentiment value, what the hell does? It's a decent gun too. 45 doesn't kick. Grip safety isn't hard to operate, it's automatic. If you can't master the trigger on a 1911 a plastic fantastic isn't going to improve things. Just my opinion. Now heavy to carry, difficult to conceal in the summer, that's legit.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    So my brother has a 1911 .45

It sat in his room back at the parental house for years, but he's recently got/started shooting it again the last week or two.

He's griping that a) it 'hurts his hands' to shoot, b) he doesn't like the blackstrap-safety, feels he has to grip it too hard, ...
    If it is a Raptor, then this has the front strap serrations. Tell him to wear a very thin glove until he gets use to it.

As far as gripping the gun, the grip should to the point before the hand would start to shake, and this should be practiced over and over, even with snap-caps.

This grip would be used with any handgun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Allegheny County)

do some fair pricing research on it and put it up on here for sale. Get him to a big gun shop to handle a bunch of different stuff and shoot whatever he can. Evaluate what he intends on using the gun for and what fits his hands right and what feels right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12