Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Use of birds of prey commonly known as falconry on Sundays. Passed: 47-0.

I love Birds of Prey. Love to watch the Goshawks and Redtails on the farms around my home. I watch the Kestrels on the wires and we have a possible nesting young pair of Bald Eagles on one of our trout streams but............................................... ...................for the love of God! There are so many special interest groups that somehow find the ear of the PaGC and they grant these special seasons, days, access, permits, weapons, limits here but not there, etc etc that for the life of me, I wonder if there is any organization in that building on Elmerton Ave in Harrisburg!
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Default Re: Use of birds of prey commonly known as falconry on Sundays. Passed: 47-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Vuccla View Post
    I wonder if there is any organization in that building on Elmerton Ave in Harrisburg!
    No, no there isn't. Just us hunters feeding their fat pensions.
    In the meantime the 100 millionish dollar budget they have to operate just isn't enough so they do logical things like close all the pheasant farms instead of maybe a private contractor working them. All under the guise of "responsible management".
    I could go on all day about how much the PGC & DCNR piss me off but I digress.

Hey Jules, there is a little film strip icon next to the tree, click on that and paste your link.

I've talked to a guy several times who does falconry, I've seen him at Segal swamp and out at the UC dam.
    He said that when you take up hunting with an animal you better be prepared to spend a lot of time with them.
    Good thing he's retired.

I was talking to a guy from Germany recently and he was telling me over there they hunt rabbits and hares with a ferret & a falcon/hawk/etc... They send the ferret into the rabbit hole to flush out the rabbit, once it flushes they send the bird after it. He said the best part is that you can do it in very urban/suburban areas because you're not firing a gun.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Can I use a semi-auto Falcon?
    https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...00153942874.do
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Bucks County)

When do you think Cabelas will start selling them?

Yes, I'm British... But I have good teeth!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12