Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Elk County)

Default Re: Longest PIC's check yet

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    . . . today I bought three guns including a handgun, no pics, man I love my C&R!
    Cruzans, Jr.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Cruzans, Jr.

Noah
    Not quite, I think I'm at 14 so far this year, not counting project guns.
    Maybe Cruzans III...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Do they have to be "wetbacks" ??? I mean.....that's not offensive at all.

I always have to go to an operator. I have a common name and that's why I give my social.
    Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Your SS number has little to do with the check as far as speed just because you write it on the form.
    You put it on the form, then PICS gives the last four to the dealer as a "double check", the automated system says something like "the social security number on file for the buyer is....XXXX".

Any Joe Bob at the gunshop will get your SS# if they really wanted to simply by digging through the 4473's.

I suggest only putting the last four on the form, because that's all PICS gives to the dealer.
    I haven't put my SS on a gun purchase form for years, it says not required on the forms so i figure fuck it, the guys at the gun shop feel the same way, they tell peoole right out when filling out the form leave it blank if you want to its non of their business. But if they did ask i would give my last 4.
    IANAL

(Centre County)

At the gunshop I work at, we get a lot of local international students as a customer, and they almost always gets put in a research. Few hours wait are common, and sometimes day or two.
    With that being said, most standard PICS check are pretty quick, but occasional delay - like 15~20min can happen for many reasons.
    most common cause is mentioned already(system interface), and similer name/address/social security number to some criminal and so on, but some other cause that people often forget are system simply gets over loaded, such as during big gunshow and such

This past weekend was 3 day annual spring sale at Grices gunshop in Clearfield. Its the big one where all the factory reps will attends. They sell so much friggin' guns, they overload the systems, and once system gets overloaded, they put everyone in research until they catch up
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    This past weekend was 3 day annual spring sale at Grices gunshop in Clearfield. Its the big one where all the factory reps will attends. They sell so much friggin' guns, they overload the systems, and once system gets overloaded, they put everyone in research until they catch up

This past weekend was also the biggest Oaks gun show of the year. Double whammy...

(Lackawanna County)

Two purchases early March, both were longer than usual. First one 25-30 minutes, second one the same. Both times lgs clerk told me that on the other end they are working with fewer staff people.Who knows just sales chat, i dont know. From my memory prior to these 2 purchases it was always a 2-3 minute process. Not complaining, i'll wait as long as i have to. Although i started using my middle initial, son has same name so i was trying to avoid confusion, might have created some.

(Lehigh County)

I stopped at my LGS on the way to a meeting last Saturday, 3/25 at 4 PM and picked up a gun on a whim. Phone call took all of 2 minutes.
    NRA Life Member

(Lehigh County)

Today was the day to visit the gun store around here. Opening day of trout season. Two trips and it was almost empty both times. PICS call went through fast.
    NRA Life Member

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    At the gunshop I work at, we get a lot of local international students as a customer, and they almost always gets put in a research. Few hours wait are common, and sometimes day or two.
    With that being said, most standard PICS check are pretty quick, but occasional delay - like 15~20min can happen for many reasons.
    most common cause is mentioned already(system interface), and similer name/address/social security number to some criminal and so on, but some other cause that people often forget are system simply gets over loaded, such as during big gunshow and such

Which gunshop do you work at? Perhaps I should stop by.... Just because......
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by patoo3 View Post
    Two purchases early March, both were longer than usual. First one 25-30 minutes, second one the same. Both times lgs clerk told me that on the other end they are working with fewer staff people.Who knows just sales chat, i dont know. From my memory prior to these 2 purchases it was always a 2-3 minute process. Not complaining, i'll wait as long as i have to. Although i started using my middle initial, son has same name so i was trying to avoid confusion, might have created some.
    Your middle initial won't add to the process or help it.
    The dealer doesn't enter that information.
    They enter your drivers license info.
    They don't enter all the information you write down.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast