Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Carrying two guns?

Hi Tracker.
    Did you by chance come to this forum on the excellent advice from a member of another forum?

If so, welcome. You will get excellent advice here.

Good luck in your travels and yes, as answered, you can carry 2 or more . DG
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker1 View Post
    I will be traveling through the great state of Pennsylvania today with an Ohio license. I will be with my wife and grandson and want to carry a back up gun to my main carry, is this legal in Pa.? I also will be mostly on the turnpike so how are your troopers on stops as far as ccw?
    FWIW, I went to Cleveland and back on Sunday, and Washington DC and back on Tues/Weds. All this week. There were a LOT of cops out on both trips.

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Hi Tracker.
    Did you by chance come to this forum on the excellent advice from a member of another forum?

If so, welcome. You will get excellent advice here.

Good luck in your travels and yes, as answered, you can carry 2 or more . DG
    Yes, a member at Glock Talk pointed me here. I have been on GT about 9 years. I put this on my favorites so I will be around to check out the site.
    Just got back and had only two issues. One, while on the turnpike we smelled something burning. It was one of those spare batteries you carry to hook up to your cell to charge. Soon as my wife grabbed it then it started smokining. We quickly pulled over and tossed it out. The second thing was coming back to Ohio I seen toll booths of to the right (on the Pa pike), I thought it was an exit so I didn't pull in and kept going straight. I asked the lady at the Ohio turnpike and apperently I was suppose to pull over and go through the toll instead of going straight. She told me to call them (Pa turnpike) tomorrow and see if I could pay over the phone.,

(Allegheny County)

The second thing was coming back to Ohio I seen toll booths of to the right (on the Pa pike), I thought it was an exit so I didn't pull in and kept going straight. I asked the lady at the Ohio turnpike and apperently I was suppose to pull over and go through the toll instead of going straight. She told me to call them (Pa turnpike) tomorrow and see if I could pay over the phone.,
    Sounds like you went through the EZ-Pass lane. If you don't have EZ-Pass, you can expect to get a bill in the mail.

(Butler County)

A couple times when camping in another state I carried two. Both times I took one of my 357's since that's an obvious choice for the woods. A little big for EDC though, so I either bring my Shield or Polish pseudo-Makarov for going into gas stations, restaurants, etc. Once I get the right holster and some moon clips, I may settle on just a 4" 357 for travel.

It was nice seeing those hills and mountains but some of the area where there was only two lanes was a little tight with the semis. I will have about a dozen trips a year.

Quote Originally Posted by V-MAN View Post
    . . . 1) In PA there is NO DUTY TO RETREAT . . . .
    It's a little more complicated than that, you sometimes DO have a duty to retreat before using deadly force to defend yourself, and anyone who isn't dead sure of the laws should probably retreat before using deadly force, if it's possible to retreat safely.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

It was nice seeing those hills and mountains but some of the area where there was only two lanes was a little tight with the semis. I will have about a dozen trips a year.
    I grew up about a 20 minute drive from Patton and we used to camp at Prince Gallitzen state park all the time.
    It really is a beautiful area.

Glad you had a good trip. Welcome to the forum.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It's a little more complicated than that, you sometimes DO have a duty to retreat before using deadly force to defend yourself, and anyone who isn't dead sure of the laws should probably retreat before using deadly force, if it's possible to retreat safely.
    I will always retreat when I can except from my home, car, or bike, I want to avoid a gunfight at all costs. But when it comes to protecting my wife and family retreat is not an option. I will defend them at all cost, even my freedom or life if need be.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I hate paperwork. So I will always retreat if there is an opportunity to do so.

But I do what I can to avoid being in that situation in the first place.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast