Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Carrying two guns?

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer1673 View Post
    i was recently pull over by a State Trooper doing 95 in a 55 with plenty of firepower in the car.... the Trooper was very pleasant and i was given a no-points ticket that i gladly paid. the topic of guns never came up in the discussion. i have found that Troopers and Philadelphia Highway Police are rather courteous - perhaps i have been lucky.

Philadelphia highway (I-95) pulled me over doing 110 without a driver's license and an expired insurance card.... he was kind enough to give me a warning - no ticket! this encounter nearly caused me to shit my pants.... again, guns never came up in conversation. a lot of "sorry sir", "yes sir", and perspiration on my part. needless to say, that was the last time i have been w/o proper documentation in the car.
    I used to speed when I was in my twenties. Now, not at all. There's no safe reason. Incidentally, I frequently wind up next to them at a future log jam or exit. How much is a few/no seconds really worth it?

Having run on I-95 to Tampa over Christmas and most recently to Raleigh, NC, I get concerned about those who are pretty cool with endangering my safety by speeding, crossing lanes without signals, and even cutting off other drivers. In a 70 mph zone, I do 75. Others are passing at 90+ with complete disregard for the safety of others.

Are you saying that you feel 100% "responsible" to carry a gun while you exhibit these driving behaviors?
    Last edited by PAcarrier; April 13th, 2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: typos
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAcarrier View Post
    I used to speed when I was in my twenties. Now, not at all. There's no safe reason. Incidentally, I frequently wind up next to them at a future jog jam or exit. How much is a few/no seconds really worth it?

Having run on I-95 to Tampa over Christmas and most recently to Raleigh, NC, I get concerned about those who are pretty cool with endangering my safety by speeding, crossing lanes without signals, and even cutting off other drivers. In a 75 mph zone, I do 75. Others are passing at 90+ with complete disregard for the safety of others.

Are you saying that you feel 100% "responsible" to carry a gun while you exhibit these driving behaviors?
    Going 5 or 10 over the limit when the limit is already high doesn't seem that terrible, especially when most other drivers are doing it....but the poster you responded to was almost doubling beyond the limit, seems to admit to doing it regularly, amd doesnt seem like he sees anything wrong with it. He seems like he has a gross disregard for everyone's safety and just an obviously irresponsible mentality at that, so one definitely would be right to wonder how responsible he really is with firearms. A speeding car is every bit as lethal as a handgun, and actually quite a bit more so...
    Last edited by FJW; April 13th, 2017 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I believe there was a rather famous NY cop that was in several gunfights and advocated carrying extra firearms. I think I got that right.
    I believe you may be speaking of the late Jim Cirillo. He was a member of NYPD's Stakeout Squad.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    Going 5 or 10 over the limit when the limit is already high doesn't seem that terrible, especially when most other drivers are doing it....but the poster you responded to was almost doubling beyond the limit, seems to admit to doing it regularly, amd doesnt seem like he sees anything wrong with it. He seems like he has a gross disregard for everyone's safety and just an obviously irresponsible mentality at that, so one definitely would be right to wonder how responsible he really is with firearms. A speeding car is every bit as lethal as a handgun, and actually quite a bit more so...
    Thanks for your input, and I agree completely. How can someone "switch off" from driving with no concern for others to all of a sudden being a responsible gun carrier? Add the adrenaline dump in the moment and neuroscience saying that emotions process 400x faster than our intellect can interpret, and you have a trainwreck waiting to happen.
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker1 View Post
    I will always retreat when I can except from my home, car, or bike, I want to avoid a gunfight at all costs. But when it comes to protecting my wife and family retreat is not an option. I will defend them at all cost, even my freedom or life if need be.
    This...... I understand and except the consequence.
    Last edited by gdc; April 14th, 2017 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineer1673 View Post
    i was recently pull over by a State Trooper doing 95 in a 55 with plenty of firepower in the car.... the Trooper was very pleasant and i was given a no-points ticket that i gladly paid. the topic of guns never came up in the discussion. i have found that Troopers and Philadelphia Highway Police are rather courteous - perhaps i have been lucky.

Philadelphia highway (I-95) pulled me over doing 110 without a driver's license and an expired insurance card.... he was kind enough to give me a warning - no ticket! this encounter nearly caused me to shit my pants.... again, guns never came up in conversation. a lot of "sorry sir", "yes sir", and perspiration on my part. needless to say, that was the last time i have been w/o proper documentation in the car.

You seem to have a problem with driving way too fast. Why do you insist on calling attention to yourself?

(Beaver County)

He want's to be caught. A self-destructive personality.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAcarrier View Post
    I used to speed when I was in my twenties. Now, not at all. There's no safe reason. Incidentally, I frequently wind up next to them at a future log jam or exit. How much is a few/no seconds really worth it?

Having run on I-95 to Tampa over Christmas and most recently to Raleigh, NC, I get concerned about those who are pretty cool with endangering my safety by speeding, crossing lanes without signals, and even cutting off other drivers. In a 70 mph zone, I do 75. Others are passing at 90+ with complete disregard for the safety of others.

I know this is an aside, but I stopped speeding a little over ten years ago. I had an Audi that was limited to 130 mph because Audi thinks Americans are too stupid to put the proper tires on the car. Audi has contempt for Americans in a number of ways, or at least it seemed that way based on what I read on the Audi forums and what was told to me during $4,000 service visits to the Audi dealer. It was a shame, because whenever I went to 130 (which happened fast) it obviously had a lot left in it. But it was pretty cool having all the windows and top open at 130 mph with girls in the car or my buddy.

I have a very close relationship with an Engineering firm and their top management. We travel, I go out drinking with them, their management. The stories are completely insane and endless. Anyway, one Christmas party was in MD. after the bar closes we are all packed in this hotel room getting smashed. The VP's wife is handing out Percocets. Young women in skirts are lying around with their legs spread or sitting in chairs with one leg up on the chair arm. The hottest girl in the room gets a call from her BF and the VP grabs the phone away from her, and says, "Listen MFer, she's my girlfriend now, if you call gain I will kill you!" and hangs up. Not only am I not making this up, but I have far more insane stories with this crowd. Well, somebody either spilled beer or dumped the cooler water (I forget) on the bed and the VP gets on the phone and starts threatening the hotel and demanding another room. Somebody realizes that the mattress is two sided and can be turned over and we flip it. We get a knock at the door and there is a manager and two security guards. They say they have another room for us and they want us (just one of the guys, really) and it's time to move, and we need to calm down. The VP starts yelling that everything is fine now, we are staying. Things start getting tense and I interject myself and tell the VP and everybody in the room to grab all the booze and beer, and the employees stuff, we are moving to another room. For some reason I was always able to calm down the VP and the lunatic Engineer.

So, the next morning I am severely hung over (I hope) and as I am pulling out of the parking garage I see the hot girl doing the walk of shame with the dweeb from the local office. Damn.

Hit the road. I think the backstory was funny and hope you enjoyed it (I can't sleep), but this is where it was headed. I think most people around here have an idea about Maryland cops. It's nothing new. We bitched about them in the 70s when I was a child. So, I'm "hungover" doing 115 mph on the highway in MD early in the morning. I come around a curve and there is a cop using laser. Now, I bet he thought he was smart being on the inside of a curve where no one could see him until it was too late. But I came around that curve so fast that I don't think he was able to swing the laser fast enough to get a hit due to the angular velocity. I don't really remember what I did after that, I don't think I pulled off the highway, but I never got pulled over.

I don't do that anymore.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Lackawanna County)

Just two guns? this is PA!

Everybody's heard of "Mexican carry", and "Israeli carry", but have you ever heard of "Scranton Carry"??

efb5a2723857b833973c869f4735b4fa.jpg

sorry couldn't resist
    I'm faster than Doc Holliday (with Novocaine of course)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234