Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Need Stock Measurement - Magpul MOE FIXED Carbine Stock

Does anyone have a Magpul MOE FIXED Carbine (not rifle) stock?
    If someone could give me a measurement of the distance from the back of the charging handle to the end of the butt stock I would really appreciate the info!

This one...

I'm looking into getting a fixed stock for a build.
    I was wanting an A1 stock, but I'm not finding much info one where to get one or what company makes a good one.
    (I've seen bad reviews about Cavalry Arms A1 stock)
    I'm also not looking to spend a fortune on one if I can help it.

A2 is longer than I want.

I have MFT Minimalist stocks on other carbines and at the stock position I keep them set at I measure 10 1/16" to the end of the butt stock with the tape measure pushed against the charging handle.
    If the Magpul is that length or less I may give it a try since it's only $28. I'm generally not a fan of Magpul because I'm so sick of seeing it, but you can't argue with that price.

Other than an A1 stock, I'm considering an ACE ARFX-E "entry" fixed stock WITH a DPMS spacer which would give me the length I'm looking for. (the standard length ACE stock is A2 length and too long - the "E" model alone is too short, but with spacer is perfect)

Found a pic with actual measurement (although it would have been better measured from a stationary point, which is why I measured from the charging handle, but I can eyeball the pic enough to get a good idea of the total length)

Please don't measure like in this photo. I need the distance from the charging handle back.
    (this is assuming you have a standard charging handle. If you don't, pick a point like the end of the receiver where the buffer tube screws in. I can remeasure mine from the same point to compare.)

THANKS!!!
    Last edited by Emptymag; May 7th, 2019 at 09:50 PM.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Need Stock Measurement - Magpul MOE FIXED Carbine Stock

I may have found another option too.

RRA Entry stock

Not terribly expensive. Don't know what the quality is though.

Looks like it would be just about right too WITH the 1" spacer added...

(Armstrong County)

Bushmaster was making a "stubby" fixed stock, probably exactly the same as the RRA, about 8 years ago. No clue if they are still making/selling them.
    I ran the RRA Entry for a half of a carbine class a few years ago. It was on a buddy's rifle and i wanted to see what it was all about, worked just fine. Id buy one if i was looking for that kind of build.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    Bushmaster was making a "stubby" fixed stock, probably exactly the same as the RRA, about 8 years ago. No clue if they are still making/selling them.
    I ran the RRA Entry for a half of a carbine class a few years ago. It was on a buddy's rifle and i wanted to see what it was all about, worked just fine. Id buy one if i was looking for that kind of build.

Thanks for the input. That helps.

I know RRA isn't "high end" but from what I recall, they don't typically sell garbage. I'd trust buying one of those over a no-name listed product.

I haven't yet decided on which stock I want, but the Magpul is one that I haven't found any measurements for that I can be sure are correct.
    I don't trust people's "length of pull" measurements because it's not easy to get that measurement accurate.
    Hence the request for a distance from charging handle to the end of the stock. That's an easy measurement to get right.

(Armstrong County)

No problem
    RRA parts/pieces/rifles seem fine to me.
    I honestly haven't had an issue with them or any of their components. I've beat a few of their uppers on post sample lowers, ran the same as my BCM uppers.
    I still own a RRA 16" carbine from way back in 2005 that has been fine from day one, eating both brass and steel cased ammo.
    Apparently im the blind asshole who says the things i just did, on this site, and that RRA should be held to Del-ton or lower standards. Not sure why. I really cant say i've seen much online bitching about them. Or ive just looked past it as another "my gun wont work" thread title.

Also, RRA 2-stage NM trigger is the best bang for the buck. So there, take that!
    At least until its worn out and turns into a single stage lol

That is one stock configuration i dont have, a Magpul fixed MOE.
    Someone here has to have one, and the ability to read the smart end of a tape measure.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Allegheny County)

My first AR build was probably around 2008.
    Del-Ton and RRA were pretty popular back then.

I bought the RRA CAR-15 "kit" - completed upper and LPK w/NM 2-stage trigger.
    I didn't know a barrel from a detent pin back then or I wouldn't have gotten that specific upper. Friggin heavy barrel... ugh.

Since learning the joys of lighter barrels, that one had a scope slapped on it and is no longer the one I'd grab if I have to carry it for any length of time

(Allegheny County)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I don't see a measurement from the charging handle back.

Yeah, I saw that. It doesn't really give me the exact measurement I'm looking for.

I would have expected that ONE person here has one.
    I can wait.

(Allegheny County)

Stock length is 8.8", LOP is 12.2", bust out your tape measure and figure it out.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Stock length is 8.8", LOP is 12.2", bust out your tape measure and figure it out.
    LOP measurement is not accurate. They even say it's estimated.

The length of the product would be fine if I knew exactly where it sits on the tube, but I don't.

Edit: meh. From the photo it looks like it goes up against the castle nut.
    BUT, do the product measurements include that "spacer"?

I'll wait for a measurement...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast