Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Has anyone received a survey about semi auto hunting?

Not approved for big game

(Pike County)

Ridiculous. Are centerfire semi autos at least legal for predator hunting?

(Lancaster County)

Sounds as though they sent the survey out to people they had a pretty good idea would answer the way they wanted: http://www.pennlive.com/pa-sportsman...art_river_home

Why the survey? What was the purpose of that after they previously had data?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Fucking assholes. Millions of hunters get fucked by 2000? What kind of last-minute Democrat gerrymandering is that?

Pennlive report sucks. Where in it does it address furbearers and varmints as to whether semi's are legal or not?

I've been hunting since 1949. I got no survey. I responded to petitions though. And received acknowledgements.

I agree, Streaker. The assholes shopped for excuses. Where is the PGC study of the other 48 fucking states successful safety ratings?

Do these jerk-offs get PAID for these positions?

(Montgomery County)

So 80% were in favor before this, but they won't acknowledge them because they can't be verified, but instead we will allow a survey, that also can't be verified, to dictate how to adult...

(Bucks County)

From the PGC official site: .22 caliber or larger semi's OK for small game and furbearers.

Air guns .22 or larger ok for small game and fur bearers.

I can't see shooting a coyote with a .22 pellet rifle, but what do I know....

(Wayne County)

I never received a survey, and I've purchased a PA hunting license every year since 2004. The Game Commission's ruling today was disappointing to say the least, and it seems they deliberately skewed the results by discounting emailed comments to appease the biased, close minded old guard. What a crock...

(Bucks County)

The Game Commission responded to my email with this. Their "excuse" is the survey told them hunters didn't want it. BS

Thank you for your correspondence. The Board voted to allow the use of semi-automatic rifles for hunting furbearers, small game, and woodchucks. The Board did not extend semi-auto usage to big game hunting at this time, due to a survey that showed the majority of Pennsylvania hunters were opposed to the proposal.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    From the PGC official site: .22 caliber or larger semi's OK for small game and furbearers.

Air guns .22 or larger ok for small game and fur bearers.

I can't see shooting a coyote with a .22 pellet rifle, but what do I know....
    With the changes, semiautomatic rifles in .22 caliber or less that propel single-projectile ammunition and semiautomatic shotguns 10 gauge or smaller propelling ammunition not larger than No. 4 lead – also No. 2 steel or No. 4 composition or alloy – will be legal firearms for small-game seasons in the 2017-18 license year, which begins July 1.

Semiautomatic firearms that propel single-projectile ammunition also will be legal sporting arms for woodchucks and furbearers, and there is no caliber restriction for woodchucks or furbearers.

Air-guns will be legal for small game in calibers from .177 to .22 that propel single-projectile pellets or bullets.

For woodchucks and furbearers, air-guns must be at least .22 caliber and propel a single-projectile pellet or bullet. BB ammunition is not authorized for small game, furbearers or woodchucks.

Pennsylvania historically prohibited the use of semiautomatic rifles for hunting, but a law that took effect in November enables the Game Commission to regulate semiautomatic rifles and air guns for hunting.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

F'ing horseshit.

Even in the PGC press release they state their own fact finding proved NO higher incidence of hunting accidents in any state allowing semi autos. Proving their decison is just a nice big FU from the PAGC to a majority of PA hunters, especially younger ones, that wanted this.

ETA: This 'survey', whatever the hell it was and whomever they decided to send it to reeks of the another data manipulation government agencies have been using for years. A darn shame it's found its way into the PAGC. Hunter sentiment was well reflected in the state legislators passing a law with Gov Wolfe signing granting commission authority to allow semi hunting, overwhelming number of communications to them supported semi auto hunting, their advisory board approves unanimously, yet they manufacture some hokey survey results to support the outcome they wanted.

Shame on you PAGC and your employees.
    Last edited by Palerider; March 28th, 2017 at 07:53 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast