Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: USMC M45A1s on Gunbroker... who bought one?

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Perry County)

All hell is breaking loose on Facebook and the 1911 forum. Apparently, after sitting on people's money for almost two months, refunds are now being issued as opposed to guns being sent out by Gunbroker Gold. Unfortunate buyers were told tales of faulty springs and a wait for replacements from Colt. Now, today, people are having their payments refunded to their credit cards. Given that most of these were buyers of the first release (used guns) and the cost was around $1300 with profits being made of approximately $2000 per unit at this time, the anger is high. I count myself fortunate to have gotten mine as some of the new-in-box crowd are also affected.

Another great example of how not to conduct business.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    All hell is breaking loose on Facebook and the 1911 forum. Apparently, after sitting on people's money for almost two months, refunds are now being issued as opposed to guns being sent out by Gunbroker Gold. Unfortunate buyers were told tales of faulty springs and a wait for replacements from Colt. Now, today, people are having their payments refunded to their credit cards. Given that most of these were buyers of the first release (used guns) and the cost was around $1300 with profits being made of approximately $2000 per unit at this time, the anger is high. I count myself fortunate to have gotten mine as some of the new-in-box crowd are also affected.

Pikers! Dick's did it so much better - they told their customers on Christmas eve.

(Elk County)

So what's the reason behind not delivering the product? Cancel these sales in anticipation of re-auctioning at a higher expected sale price point?

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    So what's the reason behind not delivering the product? Cancel these sales in anticipation of re-auctioning at a higher expected sale price point?

Noah
    Some of the refundees are getting emails telling them that some expected deliveries from Colt did not happen and they are on a waiting list with right of first refusal. I suspect it was piss poor inventory control given the feeding frenzy when these were offered. Not to mention Gold Deals continued bumping the price on the new-in-box ones as they were selling.

Speculation on the reason include your theory, friends being hooked up after the guns were sold and general incompetence.

(Bedford County)

Hmm must have been that 6th sense of mine kicking in that made me apprehensive about the deal to the point I passed, even after they showed back up for the second and third go rounds.

Something about the gunbroker gold deal, with a relatively new and evidently inexperience seller just made me wander.

(Elk County)

Some of the refundees are getting emails telling them that some expected deliveries from Colt did not happen and they are on a waiting list with right of first refusal. I suspect it was piss poor inventory control giving the feeding frenzy when these were offered. Not to mention Gold Deals continued bumping the price on the new-in-box ones as they were selling.

Speculation on the reason include your theory, friends being hooked up after the guns were sold and general incompetence.

In other words, a general fustercluck?

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

Was given the UIC for my used one: it was with the 3rd Marine Raiders out of Camp Lejeune.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Was given the UIC for my used one: it was with the 3rd Marine Raiders out of Camp Lejeune.
    Lucky. I would like a used one but obviously I don't want a school gun. And not to disparage the Marine that didn't want to do the look-ups anymore, but provenance is an important part of value. And his not wanting to look them up anymore doesn't change how things will shake out.

(Allegheny County)

Lucky. I would like a used one but obviously I don't want a school gun. And not to disparage the Marine that didn't want to do the look-ups anymore, but provenance is an important part of value. And his not wanting to look them up anymore doesn't change how things will shake out.
    Agree 100%. A school gun would definitely have bummed me out. I want to find some pictures of these being used in theater but so far I'm seeing mostly M9s and some Glocks. Still, knowing where it was I can't see any scenario where I'd sell this one. Good shooter and great history.

There's at least one guy still providing UIC lookups and he's turning them around really quick. My other is a NIB tho so no point with that one.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast