Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: USMC M45A1s on Gunbroker... who bought one?

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    How much do you think used Marine socks and under shorts go for?
    My lucky draws are older than some individuals on this forum... antiques! Gotta be worth something.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Been plenty of chatter on these at the Colt forum, various 1911 forums, ARFCOM, etc. but if you haven't seen them, here's the link: http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/631368312

After much speculation, the final word from Colt is that they are indeed returns from the Marines due to Cerakoting that didn't hold up. Sounds like Colt is dumping inventory (and employees) trying to stay afloat.

They were around $1,500 to PA residents and are already showing back up on GB at higher prices. So, who bought one of the 712 sold?
    Aside from the finish, how is the condition?

(Allegheny County)

They will sell everyone they can auction. Anyone remember the M1 carbine fever at the cmp last year? They aint making any more of these. History sells.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Well, I'm now a Gunbroker Gold member. Hoping against hope that more will pop up. No other deals I'm particularly interested in for my $50 membership. Never underestimate the lunacy or deep pockets of Colt collectors. I imagine these will be very expensive guns in a few years.
    At least you'll get a cool sticker for your $50 gold membership! I know, what a scam.

The lunacy has already started. One buyer has relisted one using the same generic pictures and the bidding is up to $2100 right now. 33%+ isn't bad profit for a gun he doesn't even have yet.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Aside from the finish, how is the condition?
    Don't know unfortunately. Haven't heard of anyone getting theirs yet but some guys are getting tracking notifications​ from the early sales. Hopefully I'll see more mine by this time next week. I'm hoping there won't be much if anything needed to make them​ run well. Figure even the WWII rattle traps still work well enough and can be made pretty accurate with a little work.

The nice thing is these can be shot all you want without worrying about ruining the finish.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

The nice thing is these can be shot all you want without worrying about ruining the finish.
    As far as I'm concerned, the finish is great. I'm not a collector. My milsurps show some character, and I like them that way. I specifically bought my NYPD S&W Model 10 because of the holster wear -I feel privileged to own somebody's long-time duty gun. It makes them more intriguing, wondering who used them and what they've been through.

(Lancaster County)

[QUOTE How much do you think used Marine socks and under shorts go for?[/QUOTE]

If your buying, I can dig in my seabag in the attic and come up with a few pairs I'm sure, there 35 years old though, not sure Id do much better on Craigslist?

Not getting my jungle boots I've worn on 5 continents though, I have instructions to have them bronzed and used as my URN

If they were closer to a grand or under I'd have to get one just for the cool factor and show off to my Jarhead brothers , And I'm in Lancaster County ,close to the seller
    Last edited by SgtRecon; March 21st, 2017 at 09:54 PM.

(Bedford County)

I actually hope they don't show back up...

I am usually too weak the second time around.

Unfortunately that's not true, sorry. Sounds like you have a mixmaster but that's not all bad because any USS parts (with original finish) have value. PM me if you want more info. Would be glad to help.
    Apparently there is a lot of information that says these were mixed at manufacturing. From what I understand mine is a 1943 year.

A quick look at Clawson's book shows US&S made only 55,000 1911A1's. (They had a contract for 200,000.) All in 1943 with serial number range from 1041405 - 1096404. There were 4171 duplicated serial numbers in that range; duplicated by Colt. The frame should have RCD stamped on it as the Army Inspector of Ordnance.

"Since all of the machine tools had not yet been delivered, these first pistols were assembled with parts transferred from Colt and Remington Rand."
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Apparently there is a lot of information that says these were mixed at manufacturing. From what I understand mine is a 1943 year.

A quick look at Clawson's book shows US&S made only 55,000 1911A1's. (They had a contract for 200,000.) All in 1943 with serial number range from 1041405 - 1096404. There were 4171 duplicated serial numbers in that range; duplicated by Colt. The frame should have RCD stamped on it as the Army Inspector of Ordnance.

"Since all of the machine tools had not yet been delivered, these first pistols were assembled with parts transferred from Colt and Remington Rand."

It's true that they received some parts until they could ramp up manufacturing. I was under the impression yours had a different manufacturer's slide on it which never would have happened at USS. But as I said, there's value there regardless and the important thing is that you have it and enjoy it.

(Allegheny County)

Damn. Wish I'd bought more than one: http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/632002084

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast