Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

(Bucks County)

Default Vermont gun confiscation bill heads to House floor

MONTPELIER, Vt. — A bill that would allow police to remove guns from a domestic violence situation without due process passed out of committee and is headed to the House floor.

On Wednesday, lawmakers of the House Judiciary Committee approved H. 422 by a 7-4 party-line vote, with seven Democrats voting in favor and four Republicans voting against.

Chris Bradley, president of the Vermont Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, says the bill could face numerous constitutional challenges.

“I am especially concerned about the Second Amendment Article 16 rights of the victim,” he said.

If police are allowed to remove weapons from the scene of a domestic dispute, Bradley says, that could inadvertently leave the victim defenseless.

http://watchdog.org/291174/judiciary...oves-gun-bill/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Vermont gun confiscation bill heads to House floor

It's amazing what legislators, who are either lawyers or have lawyers with whom to confer, can do with little to no regard for predictable unintended consequences of their acts. Interesting also that the differences between Democrat and Republican keep surfacing.

Default Re: Vermont gun confiscation bill heads to House floor

Sad to hear that the state in which I once lived is even considering doing such a thing. The concept of what the Federal and State constitutions really mean has been lost in the interest of this idea of pitting one thing against another. To any woman in Vermont who is dealing with this kind of issue I say arm yourself. One of the surest ways to unlawful actions by those in power is the loss of due process.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.