Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Shadyside hospital experience

Remember when the Glock first came out, and people were worried about "plastic" guns getting through metal detectors?

I was going through security at Mercy one time, kind of in a rush since my grandmother had just suffered a stroke. I empty my pockets and the guard notices my handcuff key on my key ring(I used to be in law enforcement) and sort of in a shitty way says something like "What do you have that key for?" to which I reply "My handcuffs, I'm a LEO". "ohhh ok, sorry go ahead" he says. Just rubbed me the wrong way is all.

(Allegheny County)

I work at UPMC Mercy, and Mercy South Side, at Mercy, if you enter thru the E.R. they have metal detectors.
    They will check your gun in and lock it up, if you enter thru any other door, there are no detectors, however keep
    in mind they do have signs saying no firearms.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    With Rights, come responsibilities.
    And with stupid laws requiring one to get a license to conceal.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I can't refer to the section I read last summer, but it established the sheriff is not obligated legally to send 60-day prior reminders. Wish I had copied and filed it.
    Bucks county's sheriff does not send out reminders.
    If my memory is right believe bucks is in ligation, and I believe philly already lost a case.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Not bad advice, but one wonder's why he didn't get the legally required letter in the mail.
    It is completely my fault. I moved last summer and didn't expect to get a letter from the sheriff. I should have been more vigilant in keeping it up to date. I fully understand if things would have went south I wouldn't have anyone to blame but myself. And wasn't looking for anyway they screwed up really just wanted to share my experience and ask what if anything I should have done different. Been carrying for 10 years and this is my first experience with any law inforcment

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xdm45 View Post
    It is completely my fault. I moved last summer and didn't expect to get a letter from the sheriff. I should have been more vigilant in keeping it up to date. I fully understand if things would have went south I wouldn't have anyone to blame but myself. And wasn't looking for anyway they screwed up really just wanted to share my experience and ask what if anything I should have done different. Been carrying for 10 years and this is my first experience with any law inforcment
    I'd blame the government for essentially requiring the license.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Bucks County)

All I can find is within at least 60 days the sheriff shall send reminder to renew, and $1.50 of the $20 the sheriff charges is prescribed by PA law, and failure to receive a reminder does not relieve license holder of responsibility to maintain current license.

A few years ago a family member was sent to the ER at the University of Pennsylvania, Phila. When I arrived, security said all must go through the metal detector. I informed them that I had a license to carry and had a firearm with me. The option was surrender the gun and license, which they said they would check both, or leave it in my car. I put it back in my car, not because I had anything to hide, I just didn't want to surrender it to some rent a cop. Not real happy about leaving a gun in a car. The ER was a real zoo.

How come a birth certificate doesn't have an expiration date? Everything else does.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast