Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default GLOCK OR SPRINGFIELD XD

I AM LOOKIN INTO GETTIN A GLOCK 22 OR A SPRINGFIELD XD 40. I WAS SET ON A GLOCK TILL I HELD THE XD AND IT FELT PRETTY GOOD BUT SOMETHING IS STILL MAKING ME LEAN TOWARD THE GLOCK. I DID NOT GET TO SHOOT THE XD YET BUT I AM GOIN TO TRY TO TOMORROW. I HAVE SHOT GLOCKS BEFORE AND I THINK THEY ARE GREAT GUNS.I AM JUS LOOKING FOR SOME OPINIONS / COMMENTS. ANY KINDA OF INFO ANYONE GOT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED.
    THANKS

(Erie County)

Default Re: GLOCK OR SPRINGFIELD XD

XD

I like the additional grip safety. Glocks trigger pull is shorter but a little less crisp. Other than that they isn't that much of a difference.

(Allegheny County)

either one is great, however make sure the xd is new. i'm not sure when but the new xd's have the new finish either melanite or tennifer not sure i get them confused. i used to have one and the old finish was just blue'd. it was bad leave it in the truck overnight and it would have a layer of rust. springfield will refinish if it's a problem. me i just traded mine for an m&p.

(Dauphin County)

S!
    (forgive grammar) I myself am at a loss about all the hubbub-bub. I recently looked into the Springfield just to see what all the hubbub was about. Without benefit of being a gun-guru or a gun writer..the first thing I didn't like was the full lenght grip..ok..now I see they made a shorter version. I love my Springfield 1911 but the XP appears as a GLOCK clone(lets get in on that). Cool feature to me the non-pro. Xtra grip safety and the "gee-look it IS loaded feature". I don't know-maybe it fuctions better or is cheaper or comes with a bigger mag..or comes in non-glock calibers. I'm not buying. Course-I already gave my money to Springfield Custom shop and tell Kathy I said "hi". Gots to tell..that was as sweet as dealing with S&W! Very nice service..one rep throughout the transaction. I didn't take S&W deal but that was a special circumstance and I won't repeat that here. They went out on the ledge and I appreciate that! WTG Springfield and S&W
    Last edited by luckyned7; February 21st, 2007 at 10:36 PM. Reason: spellar

(Philadelphia County)

I'd go for an XD. Its a heck of a lot less fugly than any Glock you'll ever see. Plus, it lives up to the Glock's torture tests.

You cant go wrong with an XD.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

glock, alot better aftermarket and glock will fix anything on it for the cost of shipping
    Saiga 7.62 AK, Yugo SKS, Glock 23C

(Tioga County)

I bought the XD Service in 45ACP. It just fit my hand better. To me the real difference is in personal fit. Yes, I like the trigger on the XD better, it's crisper. I still sent it off for a trigger job to lighten it up. The more I shoot it, the better the trigger becomes. The down side is it absolutley, positively will not feed LSWC bullets. It does feed moly, plated, or jacketed anything. I hear Glock says don't shoot bare lead bullet in their's either.

My advice is pick the one that fits your hand better.

(Chester County)

In terms of reliability they're identical.

The Glock has a longer track record, and more (and cheaper) aftermarket parts and magazines.

The XD trigger is much better, the grip is more ergonomic, and the stock sights are nice and solid. They seem a bit more accurate than the Glocks do.

I've owned quite a few Glocks over the years. I sold most of them when I bought my first XD.

In my opinion, the XD is far, far superior -- not because the people who designed it are geniuses or anything, it's just that the Glock hasn't really been updated since it was designed (adding finger grooves and light rail are meaningless to me). The XD took all of the good stuff from the Glock, none of the bad, and added a few cool extras.

I like to think that the XD is what the Glock would be if it had been designed in the late 1990s.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Luzerne County)

My answer is yes, as they are both the correct answer. Hold...might I say fondle both and see which feels "right" to you. Nobody else can tell you that answer.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Holleta View Post
    My answer is yes, as they are both the correct answer. Hold...might I say fondle both and see which feels "right" to you. Nobody else can tell you that answer.

Exactly. I was torn between a G26 and XD9-SC until I was able to hold both of them side by side. The XD just fit my hand better. Definitely fondle both of them...fondling guns is good...mmm...
    I own guns!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast