Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: GLOCK OR SPRINGFIELD XD

Quote Originally Posted by jmateer View Post
    It's hard to tell if there's still a round in the mag when he pulls it out. But 2 seconds after that it saiy "failed meltdown, Glock still runs perfect". I guess they know more aboud what happened in the video, than we do.

Either way, very cool video

I would love to see any other auto pistol digest almost 300 rounds in well under 2 minutes. Bill T.

(Philadelphia County)

Go for the Glock.

Grip safety's are superfluous, they serve no purpose. Just ask john browning

The trigger on the Glock is better for combat shooting. The reset is way shorter.

The grip ergonomics on the glock are superior, people who complain about it are used to the imperfect grip angle that is the 1911. The grip angle on the glock is superior for recoil control an gun handling. After you get used to the glock, everything else points low.

The bore axis on the glock is lower.

I've seen way to many xd's have malfunctions. They usually occur right after someone heralds the merits of their XD over my glock. It's unavoidable. More parts = more shit to go wrong.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmateer View Post
    It's hard to tell if there's still a round in the mag when he pulls it out. But 2 seconds after that it saiy "failed meltdown, Glock still runs perfect". I guess they know more aboud what happened in the video, than we do.
    The drum mag was clearly empty. Who the hell knows if that drum mag even locks the slide back after the last shot. I don't own one.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    Who the hell knows if that drum mag even locks the slide back after the last shot.
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Bill T.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    Go for the Glock.

Grip safety's are superfluous, they serve no purpose. Just ask john browning

The trigger on the Glock is better for combat shooting. The reset is way shorter.

The grip ergonomics on the glock are superior, people who complain about it are used to the imperfect grip angle that is the 1911. The grip angle on the glock is superior for recoil control an gun handling. After you get used to the glock, everything else points low.

The bore axis on the glock is lower.

I've seen way to many xd's have malfunctions. They usually occur right after someone heralds the merits of their XD over my glock. It's unavoidable. More parts = more shit to go wrong.
    Hardcore glock lover eh?

What would you say makes a grip safety to useless? I find the grip safety to be a nice feature. It requires you to take a proper grip on the firearm in order to pull the trigger, without adding another step of thumbing off a safety.

Many would contend that the 1911 grip angle is the naturally perfect grip angle, and that the glock's grip is hideous.

From experience, the difference in bore axis does not affect performance on a substantial level.

Everyone lays claim to their firearm being the most reliable, never malfunctioning, etc., but in general, a quality firearm will go bang every time you pull the trigger.

Everything comes down to personal preference and the way an individual firearm handles for you.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by axmdr40 View Post
    Everything comes down to personal preference and the way an individual firearm handles for you.
    Exactomundo! I have 3 simple steps to end the Glock or XD dilema for you.

1. Get off your computer and get out to the range.

2. Talk to people and (ask if you need to) shoot both models you are interested in.

3. Pick the one that is best for YOU

Yahoos on the internet (me included) can tell you I like this or I like that but only YOU can tell yourself what you like, what fits your hand best, what catches your eye or what you shoot best.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Dauphin County)

crap. After reading the posts..now I wanna XP to share my home with my Glock. "I'll be the judge!" Shhh..wife might be listnin.

(Tioga County)

'NUFF SAID!

Quote Originally Posted by Holleta View Post
    Exactomundo! I have 3 simple steps to end the Glock or XD dilema for you.

1. Get off your computer and get out to the range.

2. Talk to people and (ask if you need to) shoot both models you are interested in.

3. Pick the one that is best for YOU

Yahoos on the internet (me included) can tell you I like this or I like that but only YOU can tell yourself what you like, what fits your hand best, what catches your eye or what you shoot best.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by axmdr40 View Post
    Hardcore glock lover eh?
    No, experienced handgun user

I was brought up on a 1911, then i went to a Beretta, followed that with an HK, then I got a Glock...then another Glock

Not a blind follower of any cult or religion. I've simply tried them all and found the light. Now come, follow me into the light.

And to whoever tossed me some bad rep for giving my opinion in a thread that asked for my opinion: my Glock doesn't make me bulletproof, i have Kevlar for that.
    Last edited by MarcS; March 1st, 2007 at 12:38 AM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast