Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Pet Peeves when ordering guns or related items online

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Mind you, I think living right near the "shipping & warehousing center of the universe" here in Mechanicsburg/Carlisle area doesn't hurt.
    My son is a senior at Ship, so I take the Turnpike and 81 whenever I go out there. I always wondered what all those warehouses (the size of small towns) were storing.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    Amazon really is amazing. Not perfect by any means but they are truly impressive and revolutionary. That being said...
    #1 you do have to pay attention to prime vs not prime and who is the vendor and where is it coming from.

IMO their downfall is that they have allowed too many questionable vendors to enter the business.

Oh yeah my pet peeves....
    1. Amazon doesn't sell ammo
    2. Hazmat shipping for primers and stuff
    3. I find some places shipping charges to be excessive
    I find very little gun-related merchandise available on Amazon. Not just ammo, but things like AR parts, magazines, etc. are often simply not offered. Suspect they prohibit it to a large extent.
    DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    I find very little gun-related merchandise available on Amazon. Not just ammo, but things like AR parts, magazines, etc. are often simply not offered. Suspect they prohibit it to a large extent.
    Yeah they do seem to be very "careful" about what they sell. They do have a fair amount of stuff I think, just not the things that you mentioned. I've purchased a lot of dies and reloading accessories from them. They're honestly the first place that I shop for things totally due to the prime shipping.

(Montgomery County)

The kinds of gun stuff I have gotten from Amazon are cleaning kits, rods, patches, sprays etc, AR clamps, gun specific tools, blueing solution (to touch up a chopped gas block), magazine pouches, holsters, targets, eyes and ears, various odds and ends.
    I have even gotten replacement springs, washers, and other small replacement parts.
    I may have also gotten some Troy AR iron sights, but I would need to double check to be sure it was from Amazon (it has been a while).
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Erie County)

Of all the vendors I shop, PSA takes the longest, but I already know that considering the volume they push out. Most others have a tracking # by the next day.

To note; not an Amazon shopper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    Yeah they do seem to be very "careful" about what they sell. They do have a fair amount of stuff I think, just not the things that you mentioned. I've purchased a lot of dies and reloading accessories from them. They're honestly the first place that I shop for things totally due to the prime shipping.
    Amazon is owned by the very far left, radical, and anti (legal) gun Jeff Bezos. He is a big contributor to Democrats, and very outspoken about his totalitarian/communist views.

To the OP: It is possible that the dealer doesn't have the item in stock when you order it, but their distributor does. There are a couple of distributors that let you put their inventory on line, and when it is ordered it ships to you, not your customer. That could be where the delay is coming in. I would suspect that is the case if you are ordering from smaller shops online. They should still let you know about it, in my opinion.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Amazon is owned by the very far left, radical, and anti (legal) gun Jeff Bezos. He is a big contributor to Democrats, and very outspoken about his totalitarian/communist views.
    Using Amazon Smile you can still donate to the NRA every time you place an order. I hear you on doing business with them however with Amazon Smile, we can offset some of his activity.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Could be due to the stuff I order, or where I live related to ease of delivery.
    Maybe they just don't like me :P
    Third party vendors are usually the ones that either deliver outside the two day window or not at all.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    To the OP: It is possible that the dealer doesn't have the item in stock when you order it, but their distributor does. There are a couple of distributors that let you put their inventory on line, and when it is ordered it ships to you, not your customer. That could be where the delay is coming in. I would suspect that is the case if you are ordering from smaller shops online. They should still let you know about it, in my opinion.
    If they say "in stock" it should be in stock. If it's drop-ships in __ days, that's a different thing.
    DGAF

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast