Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Pet Peeves when ordering guns or related items online

I had UPS mess up an Amazon two day delivery the other day. Tracking number said weather delay or natural disaster delay. it sprinkled. I believe the carrier's have taken on more packages than they can deliver and causing delays.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    I had UPS mess up an Amazon two day delivery the other day. Tracking number said weather delay or natural disaster delay. it sprinkled. I believe the carrier's have taken on more packages than they can deliver and causing delays.
    Ditto. I had a 'weather delay' this week on a package that was supposed to arrive Sunday. No 'weather' that I know of at that time. It did, however, arrive on Sunday anyway, in the end.
    DGAF

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    Had that happen to me years ago when I ordered three cases of GP11 at $140 ea from Sportsman's Guide.

The UPS tracking said, Your package is undeliverable due to a disaster, or act of God. Please contact your shipper for information regarding your shipment.

So I call them, and she says, Did you get any of the ammo? I told her Yes, I got two of the cases. So she said they'd ship out the one missing case ASAP.

Sometimes I hate when my first instinct is to be honest.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Had that happen to me years ago when I ordered three cases of GP11 at $140 ea from Sportsman's Guide.

The UPS tracking said, Your package is undeliverable due to a disaster, or act of God. Please contact your shipper for information regarding your shipment.

So I call them, and she says, Did you get any of the ammo? I told her Yes, I got two of the cases. So she said they'd ship out the one missing case ASAP.

Sometimes I hate when my first instinct is to be honest.
    I sent my "free" Trijicon MRO back today. Being honest is sometimes painful.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

When fedex drops my package off at the neighbors house and I get it 2 or 3 days later. Lucky I have decent neighbors.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    When fedex drops my package off at the neighbors house and I get it 2 or 3 days later. Lucky I have decent neighbors.
    On that note, another peeve is when sellers use an FFL to ship and the FFL doesn't use a signature required service like USPS requires.
    Good thing I have someone come over and wait for the mail when I'm expecting a gun to be delivered.

(Bucks County)

Pet peeve of mine is having to place the item in the cart to learn what it costs. That's when I hit the red X.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Pet peeve of mine is having to place the item in the cart to learn what it costs. That's when I hit the red X.
    I myself don't mind that one, as it's usually driven by folks offering lower prices than their 'franchise' agreement allows them to show 'on-screen'...
    DGAF

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    I myself don't mind that one, as it's usually driven by folks offering lower prices than their 'franchise' agreement allows them to show 'on-screen'...
    This. I actually asked primary arms about this because it gets annoying on my phone and they said they can't advertise it below MAP and the add to Cart option is the only way around it

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Amazon is owned by the very far left, radical, and anti (legal) gun Jeff Bezos. He is a big contributor to Democrats, and very outspoken about his totalitarian/communist views.
    While I agree with some of your assessment on Jeff Bezos, I'm not sure that communist fits.

Bezos invented the largest marketplace in human existence and made billions of dollars doing it. He started Amazon by selling books out of his garage as a teenager. Dude is down with Capitalism.

Back on topic: I hate sites that don't show items as out of stock until check out.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast