Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Warren County)

Default Re: Pet Peeves when ordering guns or related items online

Amazon has saved me a BOATLOAD of time and money and frustration. Living out in the weeds, it's a 40 minute drive to Dreary Erie to do shopping for "stuff" that ace hardware and wally world ( think small store) doesn't carry.

My biggest frustration was making 80 minutes of round-trip travel time and $, then NOT finding what I was looking for. OMG- it was and is awful.* Amazon has eliminated most of that crap.

WELL worth $100 annually to get the stuff I need delivered to my doorstep in a couple of days.

and amazingly, I get a lotta great deals from Ebay delivered promptly, as well.

* not whining. That is part of the cost of living in a quiet, green boondocks where I can shoot from my back porch and the population density is low low low.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Amazon has saved me a BOATLOAD of time and money and frustration. Living out in the weeds, it's a 40 minute drive to Dreary Erie to do shopping for "stuff" that ace hardware and wally world ( think small store) doesn't carry.

My biggest frustration was making 80 minutes of round-trip travel time and $, then NOT finding what I was looking for. OMG- it was and is awful.* Amazon has eliminated most of that crap.

WELL worth $100 annually to get the stuff I need delivered to my doorstep in a couple of days.

and amazingly, I get a lotta great deals from Ebay delivered promptly, as well.

* not whining. That is part of the cost of living in a quiet, green boondocks where I can shoot from my back porch and the population density is low low low.
    I go out shopping (40 minutes to Mechanicsburg and civilization like you) just so I don't go stir crazy. I used to love weekends when I was working so I could stay home. Now I need one or two trips a week to remind me to trim my toenails and shave my head. I do love the internet for finding things that just aren't available locally or if they are, they're a lot more expensive. I never seem to find good deals on Amazon anymore. Ebay and favorite stores always seem to have better prices than Amazon vendors.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    This!
    I went though prime and I ordered sights from a place in IL with stupid excuses from the vendor and it took that long in fact I
    Ebayed grips from Thailand the same day that came via Germany on DHL reg parcel and they got here day sooner.
    Not to be an Amazon-defender, but I've certainly noticed you must distinguish between actual Amazon Prime shipping (from them: "Fulfilled by Amazon") and "Prime members eligible for free shipping" which means free, but likely slow-boat at the vendor's discretion. The latter is certainly not typically prompt.
    DGAF

Try ordering from china. 30day minimum for delivery.

(Lackawanna County)

Amazon rocks for us. Always two days or less maybe two or three things out of dozens haven't been two days.

Peeve. Optics planet.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Not to be an Amazon-defender, but I've certainly noticed you must distinguish between actual Amazon Prime shipping (from them: "Fulfilled by Amazon") and "Prime members eligible for free shipping" which means free, but likely slow-boat at the vendor's discretion. The latter is certainly not typically prompt.

To be clear, I do like Amazon, and I order from them often.
    I don't like their politics, and I don't like the shipping BS, but pound for pound they are the best thing going at the moment.
    Access to various and obscure products is easier now than it has ever been since the beginning of time.
    There is no denying that progress, and Amazon pioneered the current online shopping model.
    I would just like them to work out the kinks, and I would like to see other companies be able to challenge their supremacy to promote competition.
    I think drone delivery is going to be the next big thing with regard to shopping efficiency and convenience.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Amazon is really pissing me off with this lately. Last order was "preparing to ship" for 9 days. BS. Good to know Prime doesn't make it any better though; saves me a potential $99 mistake.

Tombstone Tactical is famous for the long processing times, and Bud's is only slightly better.

probably my biggest peeve too.

I ordered a part from them and it took about two weeks before it shipped.
    I wasn't happy. If not for the fact that the item was $106 there and could not be found for less than $150 anywhere else, I would have tried to cancel.

I got a few of the $4.49 magazines that KeepShooting.com had on sale a month or so ago.
    It took THREE WEEKS for them to process and ship them. Took about three days to arrive.

Conversely, I ordered from TomsTactical.com and there's a banner noting a 3-4 day wait to process.
    I ordered in the middle of the night. It shipped the next morning. I had the item in TWO DAYS without paying anything for shipping. (shipping s factored into prices)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    This is key! Before checkout, Amazon clearly states whether the item is in stock, being shipped from an Amazon warehouse or the vendor, and when it will ship. I don't think I've ever been deceived on Amazon shipping.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post
    This is key! Before checkout, Amazon clearly states whether the item is in stock, being shipped from an Amazon warehouse or the vendor, and when it will ship. I don't think I've ever been deceived on Amazon shipping.
    Yeah, I'm with you there. I think I've had maybe 2 Amazon shipments (out of probably hundreds at this point) delayed, and both were due to weather and both were truly during a blizzard or similar. I've had a few more where I got a 'shipping delayed due to weather' that actually arrived on time anyway (one of those just this week).

Conversely, I've had several "Duh!" moments where I didn't pay attention and ordered something thinking I'd get 2-day and not-so-much, but in retrospect those were my own fault for not looking... Too fast on the mouse button.

Mind you, I think living right near the "shipping & warehousing center of the universe" here in Mechanicsburg/Carlisle area doesn't hurt. Those further from Amazon warehouses and shipping centers may certainly not have had as much luck.
    DGAF

Amazon really is amazing. Not perfect by any means but they are truly impressive and revolutionary. That being said...
    #1 you do have to pay attention to prime vs not prime and who is the vendor and where is it coming from.

IMO their downfall is that they have allowed too many questionable vendors to enter the business.

Oh yeah my pet peeves....
    1. Amazon doesn't sell ammo
    2. Hazmat shipping for primers and stuff
    3. I find some places shipping charges to be excessive
    Last edited by Marcus99; March 19th, 2017 at 05:23 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast