Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Need Help

(Philadelphia County)

Default Need Help

Is there a specific thread to get a knowledgeable appraisal of certain firearms i have? looking to thin the collection but the research ive done has been all over the place with prices.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Need Help

Many people use the search function on Gunbroker to search the COMPLETED auctions to see what guns have been selling for. Make sure you look at the completed auctions that have had bidders.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Berks County)

No specific section on this site. Use Google hard to find selling prices at various selling sites. Take the best average.

(Allegheny County)

Depends what you have. There are many specific forums where extremely knowledgeable collectors hang out and can tell you current values. You might be surprised at the forums that exist: 1911s and Lugers to Sigs and Walthers.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Many people use the search function on Gunbroker to search the COMPLETED auctions to see what guns have been selling for. Make sure you look at the completed auctions that have had bidders.
    This is a good place in general. You need to be signed in to do COMPLETED auctions. Near the bottom of the search choices there is an option to 'sort by' and you should choose 'highest number of bids first' to put successful auctions at the top of the list. You can use the pictures to compare condition to what you have most of the times, depending on what is included with any given auction.

One thing to be aware of is if there is a reserve that was not met, even with bids, the item did not sell. You need to watch for the red 'R' on the listing. GB-2.JPG These auctions do not count as sales, so must be discounted in evaluating your piece.

Searching can be sketchy, some times re-entering your terms will find auctions, missed by your first attempt. Many times I start with a minimum of terms to get the biggest selection then pare from there, by adding more. Good luck, it can be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Depends what you have. There are many specific forums where extremely knowledgeable collectors hang out and can tell you current values. You might be surprised at the forums that exist: 1911s and Lugers to Sigs and Walthers.
    Many of the more specialized forums, have specific threads for assessing values. Watch for them for best response.
    Last edited by gghbi; March 21st, 2017 at 01:33 PM.

(Jefferson County)

If you want a rough estimate - post each individual firearm in their respective category(Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns) and add good clean, sharp, pictures.

One thing that really grinds my gears are folks asking for value-checks and not posting pictures. .....doing so is like me asking what my old Dodge Caravan is worth by giving the info that it is front wheel drive and has silver paint.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!