Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Rep Toepel Hosting CC Seminar in Lower Frederick - Registration Link

I don't think I'll learn much - but since I can walk to the township building, I've registered.

http://www.reptoepel.com/concealedcarry051817.aspx

[edit] May 18th, 6:15-8:30pm

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Rep Toepel Hosting CC Seminar in Lower Frederick - Registration Link

So I went to the CC/Gun safety seminar that was put on by Rep. Toepel's office in the Lower Frederick Twp building last night - hear are my notes:

Before the meeting even started, an alarm (not unlike a carbon monoxide detector alarm) started going off in the back of the meeting room. * The township people started checking all of the fire systems and lighting systems for what it could be, but nobody could pinpoint where it was coming from. * After about 5 minutes of search, a township woman asked "is everybody here sure that isn't coming from their phone?" * Everybody shook their head. Then she walked right up to some guy, and said something like "it really sounds like it's coming from you." * The guy pulls out his cell phone and sure enough it was his phone the entire time.

The meeting finally started after that.* It was a 2 hour presentation on carry, storage, and usage safety presented by Cpl. Harry Burke from the Montco Sheriff's dept. * He appeared to be very pro-2A.

Overall, nothing struck me as blatantly bad information, and most of it was very basic gun safety stuff. * A couple of items in which he wasn't very clear on:

1) *Transporting a firearm without an LTCF. * He continually said that as long as the gun is unloaded and locked in an unaccessible part of the vehicle, you are ok.* No mention of the restrictions (range, gunshop, etc) of destination.

2) *He stated that "open carry is legal in all 50 states, as the 2nd amendment gives you the right to bear arms." * I realize that most of us would agree with that in theory, but local law enforcement might not (he specifically said don't try it in NJ).*

3) *He suggested that an LTCF is required for open carry in Pittsburg.

Other than that, pretty factual stuff. * He offered some insight into the range shooting at the Montco training range, as well. * *Although what he told us didn't seem to match what I remember reading on here (He suggested that the primary reason was the switch to Sigs that don't require a pull of the trigger for field stripping - and that somebody was talking to the guy when he was clearing the gun - and neglected to eject the chambered round. * Then went to strip the pistol and pulled the trigger (like required on the glocks), and thus the negligent discharge.

So, bottom line: * Didn't learn much myself, but 2 thumbs up for Rep Toepel and Cpl. Harry Burke from the Montco Sheriff's office!

Edit: sorry for all the *'s, not sure where they came from - but they don't mean anything.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Rep Toepel Hosting CC Seminar in Lower Frederick - Registration Link

For classes of Pa cities here is a good link http://crossroads.newsworks.org/inde...ties-clarified

I never heard that Pittsburgh rule either.
    Last edited by fuzzywuzzy; May 19th, 2017 at 11:52 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    I never heard that Pittsburgh rule either.
    Because it doesn't exist. Pittsburgh is not a city of the 1st class.