Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK VP9Sk

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: HK VP9Sk

I spent 60 bucks on an mpx mag and bought three of them. I'm not an hk fan. I wanted to like the vp9 just didn't. But if you like them good for you

(Berks County)

Real handguns are hammer fired, not striker fired.

Most snobs already know that.

And if it ain't at least a .45 it ain't squat...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    I believe you are the shit poster.

I like to have six to twelve mags per gun, some more.
    The thought of spending $300-450 or so on mags is a turn off for me as well, guess I'm a shit poster...
    Sounds like HK is not your cup of tea, to bad because they make great guns.

I don't really like paying 45.00 for a mag unless the gun it's for is worth it, the VP9 was IMO. I owned 2 VP9's, both were great shooting guns but when it comes to striker fired guns, Glock is the king. I'm heavily invested in Glock and felt the VP9 couldn't replace them so I sold them.

The new sk looks interesting and I'm sure to those that buy one they will have no complaints.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Sounds like HK is not your cup of tea, to bad because they make great guns.

I don't really like paying 45.00 for a mag unless the gun it's for is worth it, the VP9 was IMO. I owned 2 VP9's, both were great shooting guns but when it comes to striker fired guns, Glock is the king. I'm heavily invested in Glock and felt the VP9 couldn't replace them so I sold them.

The new sk looks interesting and I'm sure to those that buy one they will have no complaints.
    I own two H&Ks.
    The USP is a decent enough gun but the clunky decocker is something I don't care for.
    Its a little big, I couldn't tell you when the last one I fired it was.
    The mags are easily found as police trades or surplus for well under $45.

And somewhere around here I have a P7.
    It doesn't get shot as it's for collectin' not shootin'

I'd never say H&K makes bad guns, but at their price point there are other suitable options imo.
    That and H&K is known to be snobbish towards its customers, at least historically they have been, maybe they're different now.

HK was asked if a VP45 was coming. They replied "can't confirm nor deny." Based on the posting habits of their social media person, everyone is taking that as a "yes".
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

I own two H&Ks.
    The USP is a decent enough gun but the clunky decocker is something I don't care for.
    Its a little big, I couldn't tell you when the last one I fired it was.
    The mags are easily found as police trades or surplus for well under $45.

And somewhere around here I have a P7.
    It doesn't get shot as it's for collectin' not shootin'

I'd never say H&K makes bad guns, but at their price point there are other suitable options imo.
    That and H&K is known to be snobbish towards its customers, at least historically they have been, maybe they're different now.
    I can argue that anyone that pays more than 500.00 on a handgun is wasting their money, but that would be for another thread.

(Indiana County)

I can argue that anyone that pays more than 500.00 on a handgun is wasting their money, but that would be for another thread.
    I probably have bought less than a dozen handguns ever that were $500 plus.
    A Dan Wesson .445 Supermag I hunted with, the P7 was about that some years back, the STI Trojan come to mind, I'm sure there were a few others, but out of many dozens of handguns I've bought, the majority were sub$500 for sure.

There are categories of handguns where more expensive is better, daily carry really isn't one of them, and I think that's what you're saying as well.

(Bucks County)

Guns, cars, liquor - they're all personal options. Me, look at my signature and you'll see what I like. I've shot more brands than I care to recall here, but for comparison's sake to a VP9, Glocks just feel like crap to me. Walther is a contender in my opinion, but I'm sticking with my H&Ks. That being said, I will admit I have a preference for hammer-fired LEM H&Ks.

Are their magazines more expensive? Marginally, yes, but I've also gone through thousands of rounds and have yet to have a magazine failure.... I will also add that the price of my H&Ks with magazines, accessories, etc., is small in comparison to my ammunition costs!

Shoot what you enjoy; carry what you practice and are comfortable with. For me, that's almost always one of the ones in my signature line.

Not sure if you like H&K? Like or dislike, there's no denying they hold their value well; you can always sell it!
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Indiana County)

The only magazine failure I have had was a crap Hipoint C9 magazine and I recall some homebrew hicaps back during the Clinton ban not working.

If someone is like me and likes to have spares, buying two or maybe three magazines for another brand over H&K can be a determining factor.

I defiantly agree with that when it comes to striker fired poly pistols.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast