Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: HK VP9Sk

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Indiana, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Posts
    5,738
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Wow, calling someone a shit poster because they think $45 is costly for a magazine?

    I'm agreeing with ammo here, there's some serious snark going on here.

    I'm starting to see why H&K owners get poked at...

    I think the $30 Century charges for a Canik mag is costly for what it is, guess I'm a shit poster too...

    You think you have a good read on someone by their previous posts, guess not.
    No participation trophies 'round here...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    3863247

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Avoiding the silly snob discussion, I don't think HK's mag pricing is all HK's choice. It may be a factor, but you also have to consider the fact that Glock is a whole lot more popular (probably the most popular handgun brand) than HK. They have economies of scale working on their side. I'd also consider the construction of the P30/VP9 magazine. All steel, really nice quality, and made in a place where labor probably isn't cheap (though it probably isn't cheap for Glock either). If you look at HK's full sized USP 9/40 magazines, you'll find their closer to that of Glock (polymer over metal), and the pricing of those is much more similar... At CDNN, USP 9/40 mags normal price is $30. CDNN currently has Glock magazines on sale for $20, regular price listed as $30 (though I doubt they'll actually sell them at $30).

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Glockin, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,747
    Rep Power
    8489899

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Wait, am I the shit poster or is Ammo?

    Really I should have clarified more in my post. It certainly looks like a fine handgun but the Glock 26 does have a few pros over it mostly in the practicality space. Mag price and availability is one of them. Also holster choice, price, parts availability, etc.

    HK also isn't the only manufacturer with expensive mags either. Sig and Ruger mags don't come cheap. Really no one gets close to Glock that I know of. Just one more thing to weigh when choosing a pistol.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    465419

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    For anyone interested this guy/place has good prices on HK mags.

    http://www.crosscreekguns.com/HKmags.html
    Smartphones - the downfall of civilization

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Near Indiana, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Posts
    5,738
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Wait, am I the shit poster or is Ammo?

    Really I should have clarified more in my post. It certainly looks like a fine handgun but the Glock 26 does have a few pros over it mostly in the practicality space. Mag price and availability is one of them. Also holster choice, price, parts availability, etc.

    HK also isn't the only manufacturer with expensive mags either. Sig and Ruger mags don't come cheap. Really no one gets close to Glock that I know of. Just one more thing to weigh when choosing a pistol.
    I believe you are the shit poster.

    I like to have six to twelve mags per gun, some more.
    The thought of spending $300-450 or so on mags is a turn off for me as well, guess I'm a shit poster...
    No participation trophies 'round here...

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    1,824
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Quote Originally Posted by chkrdflg View Post
    For anyone interested this guy/place has good prices on HK mags.

    http://www.crosscreekguns.com/HKmags.html
    That's where I buy my HKs, he's good people.
    Last edited by JustinHEMI; March 18th, 2017 at 10:45 AM.
    Life has a melody.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Milford, Pennsylvania
    (Pike County)
    Posts
    2,911
    Rep Power
    11809005

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    I spent 60 bucks on an mpx mag and bought three of them. I'm not an hk fan. I wanted to like the vp9 just didn't. But if you like them good for you

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On the range, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    2,866
    Rep Power
    21474843

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Real handguns are hammer fired, not striker fired.

    Most snobs already know that.

    And if it ain't at least a .45 it ain't squat...

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Central PA, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    6513990

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Real handguns are hammer fired, not striker fired.

    Most snobs already know that.

    And if it ain't at least a .45 it ain't squat...
    Rubbish! Daisy VL Case-less cartridge is where its at! AIR IGNITION!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Monroeville, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    5,944
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    I believe you are the shit poster.

    I like to have six to twelve mags per gun, some more.
    The thought of spending $300-450 or so on mags is a turn off for me as well, guess I'm a shit poster...
    Sounds like HK is not your cup of tea, to bad because they make great guns.

    I don't really like paying 45.00 for a mag unless the gun it's for is worth it, the VP9 was IMO. I owned 2 VP9's, both were great shooting guns but when it comes to striker fired guns, Glock is the king. I'm heavily invested in Glock and felt the VP9 couldn't replace them so I sold them.

    The new sk looks interesting and I'm sure to those that buy one they will have no complaints.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops