Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: HK VP9Sk

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chippewa, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Quote Originally Posted by ammo View Post
    Why do you say that?

    To me that comment sounded a bit snobby. However, that's the thing with text; it many times misses the mark in conveying the posters true intention and can be read into various ways. Right information, wrong interpretation and so forth. I'm not accusing you of that, its just that I dislike people acting snobby to those who have less then them, and seeing this is not a private conversation, now my .02 is in the mix, due to lack of clarity, and slight boredom to boot. Expound, please.

    How I see things in general is that any gun can be for any person who wants it, disposable income level aside. We have no social 'class' system in the market.

    I've found with proper financial management, and doing what one does with a purpose, there can always be plenty of leftover money. Even with fixed income folks the majority of the time can realize this.

    How much do people blow on vices and or luxuries like lotto tickets, magazines, cigarettes, alcohol, designer coffee and pastries every morning, restaurants, movie tickets/Netflix subscriptions and a ton of other stuff then wonder why they don't have what they'd like and have to settle. Changing spending habits for even a short time can easily free up money for toys that last a lot longer than the minutes or couple hours it takes to consume the things above. Buy second hand stuff that is really clean and for a good price. Once you shoot it its used anyhow, so whats a few hundred rounds if its mint? You'll enjoy it just the same.

    But yeah, $45- for a pistol mag for a common handgun seems a bit artificially high to me too, considering you can buy some Austrian "Perfection" for $20- to $25- a pop commonly. But then again so does $5- for a bottle of Deer Park at some rip off spot at some beaches when I can get it at another place for a $1- a bottle which is still not as cheap as if I toted some from my villa/hotel/beach house that I bought for $3- to $5- a case of $40- at Costco. People sometimes pay obscenely for convenience, but its a terrible waste. It's like paying to fly business or first class on a simple trans Atlantic flight. Unless you are going to Asia on a business trip and need to be well rested, there is no need to blow that kind of money on upgraded seats for a simple 8-13 hour flight. If you fly that much on business anyhow for high dollar deals, private can actually be a lot cheaper. Think NetJets/VistaJet/FlexJet etc... There are ALWAYS ways to save money, no matter WHAT graduation of wealth level you happen to be in.
    HK isn't for everyone.
    Life has a melody.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Central PA, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    7267121

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Any magazine can fail under specific conditions, Glock included; however I've never had a Glock magazine fail me personally in almost 20 years with many rounds and some pretty rough treatment in various conditions. I've seen more metal mags crap out than composites though, and the only other failure to speak of that I've personally seen was a Factory Cobray mag (Zytel) that split right down the middle and put all those shells into the atmosphere which was actually hilarious. I've spent well over $45- a mag, but for a non collectible/rare/non-custom mag, thats a rip off in my opinion as if you shop around enough you can buy almost anything for well under market prices.

    Only metal mags I've seen have issues were with bent feed lips or pinched springs due to crushing, and that is generally not going to happen at the range. Sometimes they can be tweaked to get back on line, but many times not. Modern composites are the way to go for durability. I do like, and use metal mags for old, and even new firearms, but as I said, for the general types of guns, I sure am not paying any where near that. Nobody here has to either. Shop, shop, shop or make more friends. Doors will open up.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Central PA, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    7267121

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sorry but I've seen just about every major brand of magazine fail from all manufacturers. If you shoot enough you Wil see it as well. Mags are all considered disposable wear items, it's the very nature of how springs work. To think otherwise is just plain ignorant.

    H&K charges what they do because they can and there isn't anything wrong with that. They branded themselves to a specific part of the market and do well there, like Justin said they aren't for everyone.
    Yeah, springs and sometimes followers and sometimes base plates if they take hits, but thats not failing, as you said; its wear items, and thats why armorers and shooters replace stuff. But no GOOD magazine is going to have some catastrophic failure (like the Zytel Cobray) that was a true fail, not a wear thing, merely normal wear and tear stuff which is expected. People can brand whatever they want too, but most people I know live very very well, and do not pay retail for anything. I don't care what your buying, if its material and its not a scarcity thing, it IS negotiable. I know folks with very low incomes and they look like they make tons because they are wise with their money and buy right. They live beyond their income, but not beyond their means......make sense? I love to see people get smoking deals and more for their money.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Central PA, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    7267121

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    HK isn't for everyone.
    Well, Justin, money doesn't dictate character, nor classiness, let alone the right to have something, one over another person. Just like I always say, a well dressed idiot is just that.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chippewa, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Quote Originally Posted by ammo View Post
    Well, Justin, money doesn't dictate character, nor classiness, let alone the right to have something, one over another person. Just like I always say, a well dressed idiot is just that.
    You're the one that said anything about money. Don't project your hang ups on me.
    Life has a melody.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Central PA, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    7267121

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    You speak something in a public forum that seemed a little snobby, so giving you the benefit of the doubt, I asked for clarity. You shot back the one liner without expounding.

    The guy who commented prior to your post, did so about money, to which you replied H&K's aren't for everyone. So that being the foundation for my comment, yes, money was certainly in my mind because he brought it up and you responded as you did.

    Now your 2nd comment back to me here still doesn't answer my question, but hey, I'm not your judge, and your within your rights to not answer my initial request to elaborate. I'd not wanted a worthless tit-for-tat, merely an explanation.

    I just feel that it was important for you to be understood correctly, you'd elaborate.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chippewa, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Quote Originally Posted by ammo View Post
    You speak something in a public forum that seemed a little snobby, so giving you the benefit of the doubt, I asked for clarity. You shot back the one liner without expounding.

    The guy who commented prior to your post, did so about money, to which you replied H&K's aren't for everyone. So that being the foundation for my comment, yes, money was certainly in my mind because he brought it up and you responded as you did.

    Now your 2nd comment back to me here still doesn't answer my question, but hey, I'm not your judge, and your within your rights to not answer my initial request to elaborate. I'd not wanted a worthless tit-for-tat, merely an explanation.

    I just feel that it was important for you to be understood correctly, you'd elaborate.
    It's because you decided what it's about before asking for clarification.

    And this thread very clearly states who it is for in the opening sentence. It isn't for shit posters to complain about mag prices as the reason they aren't going to buy an HK.

    The people for whom this thread is for don't care. Neither does HK.

    I made no statement​ about his finances or character. I simply stated that HK isn't for everyone, and they're not, same as anything.

    Then you made a mountain out of a mole hill and drew conclusions that weren't there, but you weren't succinct enough to make a lucid point so I gave you the same retort because that's all your nonsensical, pseudo intellectual post deserved.

    Now, kindly go shit post in another thread.
    Life has a melody.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Central PA, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    7267121

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    It's because you decided what it's about before asking for clarification.

    And this thread very clearly states who it is for in the opening sentence. It isn't for shit posters to complain about mag prices as the reason they aren't going to buy an HK.

    The people for whom this thread is for don't care. Neither does HK.

    I made no statement​ about his finances or character. I simply stated that HK isn't for everyone, and they're not, same as anything.

    Then you made a mountain out of a mole hill and drew conclusions that weren't there, but you weren't succinct enough to make a lucid point so I gave you the same retort because that's all your nonsensical, pseudo intellectual post deserved.

    Now, kindly go shit post in another thread.
    1.) I responded with a request for clarification because it appeared a bit suspect, and implied. That is exactly what I stated I perceived as I didn't see how it could be meant another way. Simple really.

    2.) Your on a public forum, and he can post whatever non offensive thing he pleases. You so quickly NOW go on a little hissy fit about this guy being a "shit poster" because you disagree with him not liking H&K's inflated prices. So why does that offend you? Name calling and foul words about another guy you disagree with? Get over yourself.

    3.) I'll email H&K tomorrow and find out.

    4.) See line number (2), and again, that's akin to saying Ferrari isn't for everyone....what are you some kind of snob? If someone said that here, I am pretty sure most would take it that way and call the poster a few things, aloof, and snob being one of them. Still doesn't help your case when you don't define why. He complained about something specific, yet your stuck on "they're not, same as anything" way vague man, way too vague. An answer like, they don't fit small hands, or some prefer metal guns, even non imports, thats clear, but even those answers don't apply to what I felt was inferred by your post after his comment.

    5.) Asking for elaboration and even saying that text sometimes doesn't convey the posters true intentions is diametrically apart from making a mountain out of a molehill. Just because you couldn't anatomize my other over communicated post sounds like a personal matter to me.

    5.) I'll post at my own discretion. Anyhow, I'm moving on, seeing as I'm getting nothing useful out of you. Tell ya what, have the last word even if it helps you sleep better. I'm A-OK with that man.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chippewa, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Quote Originally Posted by ammo View Post
    1.) I responded with a request for clarification because it appeared a bit suspect, and implied. That is exactly what I stated I perceived as I didn't see how it could be meant another way. Simple really.

    2.) Your on a public forum, and he can post whatever non offensive thing he pleases. You so quickly NOW go on a little hissy fit about this guy being a "shit poster" because you disagree with him not liking H&K's inflated prices. So why does that offend you? Name calling and foul words about another guy you disagree with? Get over yourself.

    3.) I'll email H&K tomorrow and find out.

    4.) See line number (2), and again, that's akin to saying Ferrari isn't for everyone....what are you some kind of snob? If someone said that here, I am pretty sure most would take it that way and call the poster a few things, aloof, and snob being one of them. Still doesn't help your case when you don't define why. He complained about something specific, yet your stuck on "they're not, same as anything" way vague man, way too vague. An answer like, they don't fit small hands, or some prefer metal guns, even non imports, thats clear, but even those answers don't apply to what I felt was inferred by your post after his comment.

    5.) Asking for elaboration and even saying that text sometimes doesn't convey the posters true intentions is diametrically apart from making a mountain out of a molehill. Just because you couldn't anatomize my other over communicated post sounds like a personal matter to me.

    5.) I'll post at my own discretion. Anyhow, I'm moving on, seeing as I'm getting nothing useful out of you. Tell ya what, have the last word even if it helps you sleep better. I'm A-OK with that man.
    HK isn't for everyone.
    Life has a melody.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Hampden Township, Pennsylvania
    (Cumberland County)
    Posts
    745
    Rep Power
    21474838

    Default Re: HK VP9Sk

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    HK isn't for everyone.
    Exactly. It isn't for everyone. For those who appreciate quality, fine engineering, reliability, etc. and have the means to have it, Yes. Everyone, no.

    $10,000 engraved italian shotguns aren't for everyone either. I think it's a stupid waste of money and a far-cheaper good-solid Remington is just fine... my father thinks nothing else will do. He's not wrong. I'm not wrong.

    Some people are fine with a $50 Chinese scope off Ebay (me), some just can't settle for less than a >$1,000 scope. And that's cool too.

    There's room in this wide world for Hyundai drivers and BMW drivers. I'm here to tell you Hyundai makes a damned-fine automobile (at least the last few years...) with an unbeatable warranty. Hyundai drivers aren't "wrong," the cars aren't "bad" and here's a big thumbs-up for them.

    For my part, I drive a Hyundai as my daily commuter... and also a BMW as my 'fun' car, and a big ol' Yukon as my 'work' vehicle. Each serves its purpose. I wouldn't use the BMW to haul a fully-loaded trailer, wouldn't expect the Yukon to get nearly 40 MPG for commuting, and wouldn't take the Hyundai down windy mountain roads at 80 and expect it to thrill... Similarly, I have an HK pistol I love, an LC9 for daily carry, and a cheap-ass (but good, I think) $400 Windham AR too. I'm either an equal opportunity offender, or an equal-opportunist... think what you like.

    Having said that. I'd not part with my bimmer or my HK for love or money, and I'm definitely lined up to get the compact VP9... Seeing as how my regular-size VP9 has been (pun intended) bulletproof.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops