Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: If my dad is a convicted felon, can I carry my sidearm on his property?

When the firearm is not on the non-prohibited person, the firearm has to be secured, as in a safe.

This is no different from having a firearm in a household with children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Warren County)

Default Re: If my dad is a convicted felon, can I carry my sidearm on his property?

HIS property, HIS RULES!

What's hard about that?
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    When the firearm is not on the non-prohibited person, the firearm has to be secured, as in a safe.

What law says you have to secure firearms around children? (in PA)

(Bucks County)

Are you his only heir? Leave a handful of loose ammo in his car and drop a dime on him. Then, sit back and enjoy your inheritance. Or, just keep it out of his hands. Oh, and welcome to the forum.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    LOL. I was going to ask if his name ends in a long vowel?

I remember the LCN being very active about that time.
    Well, Henry was part Irish so...

The OP's father sounds like he was paranoid about being outed from the witness protection program, hence the HH reference. Oh wait, HH is dead, never mind.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post

This is a whole lot different.

HOW much different?

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by greyscout View Post
    My dad claims to be a convicted felon. He's been very secretive about his past. All I get are legendary stories from his friends and they always say that it's up to him to give me the details on the bad stuff. We travel to Florida every year and stay at a timeshare of his. I was explaining a mix-up at the airport with my checked sidearm to him a moment ago and he got angry saying that I can't have my firearm on his property or anything under his name. Is that true? I've seen nothing of the sort on any forums asking similar questions. His "felony" would have occurred in NJ in the '80s. He has lived in PA for 25+ years. I think he's talking out of his @$$, but I'd love to have some back-up when I tell him to chill out.
    Why do you think your Dad would make up a story about being a convicted felon? That just seems so odd.

Felon in Possession of a Firearm

http://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/fi..._a_Firearm.pdf
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Bucks County)

I did it to keep the 6 year old kid next door away from my 5 year old daughter. Told him I was a cattle rustler, a pirate, and a few other scary things. Hey, Dads do what is necessary. Maybe OP'S dad is trying to scare off a skeevy stripper from his impressionable sonny boy.

(Beaver County)

Is a timeshare really owned property? Or is it treated like rental property.

(Montgomery County)

For clarification, I'm a 36 year-old married father of three. So there are no strippers at my doorstep.
    My father doesn't own a computer and got his first cell phone last year (Obamaphone), so he's not exactly up to date with ANYTHING. Considering that his felony was over 30 years ago, I guarantee that the laws have changed since then. His record is clean as of now, so if there was a felony, it's been stricken from public record at this point.
    The reason why I think that my dad would make up a story about being a convicted felon is because it's in his nature to say anything that makes him seem more bad-ass than he is. It's this activity that's kept him from living a full life. To be honest, until he tells me the nature of his felony, I have every right to call bull shit. He claims that he's trying to protect me, but the truth is that I can handle the truth better than him. I'm not here for a Psychological couch-sitting though.
    My question wasn't whether I should or shouldn't carry around him; it was whether he's making shit up about him going to jail due to my weapon on my person or locked up.
    I AM his only heir, but he's been under the poverty line for so long, I hope that I die before him. If he dies before me, I'll inherit debt.
    I think I have my answer. It's not against the law for me to have my weapon in his presence, so long as he is never in possession of it. However, an LEO could construe the situation to his/her liking.

EDIT: My dad despises guns. He's never used one, aside from hunting as a child. He's very anti-gun, actually. He's always held firm that fists are better than guns. If you're on this forum, you know the truth. However, I'm certain that his hatred of guns is playing a large part in what he's trying to tell me.
    Last edited by greyscout; March 17th, 2017 at 12:58 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast