Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: This Clueless NY Senator Wants To Ban Things She Doesn’t Understand

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    Typical politician more like it, the monniker attached before their name matters not, they are all the same.
    you are certainly right. when i hear "drain the swamp" i see scores of them standing in town square on trial, and it matters not the color of their party.
    i would hazard that 3/4 of them need to leave, be barred from continuing a career in politics and potentially face execution for violation of that.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I didn't know they were silencers... I thought they were suppressors.
    We have to do our part and educate people about them. Correct people who refer to suppressors as silencers. Gun people constantly get it wrong, those who seek to ban firearms rely on the ignorance of the terminology in order to strip us of our rights.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by BuildTheWall View Post
    We have to do our part and educate people about them. Correct people who refer to suppressors as silencers. Gun people constantly get it wrong, those who seek to ban firearms rely on the ignorance of the terminology in order to strip us of our rights.
    Actually the term "silencer" is the legal name for a suppressor in Federal law (18 U.S.C., § 921(A)(24)): "The term “Firearm Silencer” or “Firearm Muffler” means any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for the use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication."

I agree with you though, silencer implies "silence", and Hollywood does not help.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234