Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default What would do and when ?

I regularly consider when it would be appropriate to use deadly force.

The below video provides an excellent opportunity for me to examine a sequence of events to help me answer that question.

If you were to opt to draw/fire in this situation, at what point would you choose to do so ?

Video released from inside the Jacksonville, FL credit union hostage situation

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=84b_1489156937

(Beaver County)

Default Re: What would do and when ?

You can only shoot if you fear death or great bodily harm, also in some states if you can leave the scene you have to leave.

Of course, once you do shoot then you have to convince the police, the DA, the prosecutor, the jury, the judge, the protesters, the media, the ACLU, and anyone else that wants to second guess you.

(Delaware County)

In this situation if i was in PA in a bank and this happened i would draw aim and fire at the first opportunity i had while the bad guy was not looking at me. He had a deadly weapon and had bad intentions, at this point i would have been in fear of my life and others around me.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by nick060200 View Post
    In this situation if i was in PA in a bank and this happened i would draw aim and fire at the first opportunity i had while the bad guy was not looking at me. He had a deadly weapon and had bad intentions, at this point i would have been in fear of my life and others around me.
    Yup... Done... Seeya... Ill be home, call me if ya need me !!!

(Wayne County)

Well, all I can say after having watched this video twice is that I really need to get myself a new gun bucket.

But to be serious for a moment (but just one), The bad guy's posture didn't appear to be horribly aggressive in the beginning and it appeared that the gun was more of a prop than a weapon. Having said that, the moment that he had people lined up in front of the front door on their knees I think that I would definitely be fearful that someone's life was actually in danger.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by gdc View Post
    Yup... Done... Seeya... Ill be home, call me if ya need me !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nick060200 View Post
    He would have been down as soon as he drew his gun. Anytime at or after the 25 second mark as soon as I could get a shot. Than I'd following gdc's lead, asking the branch manager to secure his firearm (she is familiar with firearms), and say I'd stop in next week to see if we could talk about some interest forgiveness on my mortgage.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    You can only shoot if you fear death or great bodily harm, also in some states if you can leave the scene you have to leave.

Of course, once you do shoot then you have to convince the police, the DA, the prosecutor, the jury, the judge, the protesters, the media, the ACLU, and anyone else that wants to second guess you.
    No, it's not my job to be a mind reader, and criminals don't get the benefit of the doubt. If you're being held hostage by an armed criminal, it's ludicrous to worry that there's not justification enough to shoot.

sorry man, 1:28 I started laughing my balls off... that was just TOO funny. I mean, what better time to fall on your face? 1 step from freedom...

Other than that, It seems like there were a number of opportunities to end this, like right at the beginning...

(Lancaster County)

Whole situation could have been avoided had the bank put a No Bucket and No Dog sign.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Whole situation could have been avoided had the bank put a No Bucket and No Dog sign.
    I don't see why you're blaming the dog, it was so friendly the cops didn't even shoot it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast