Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wyoming County)

Default Franklin Armory Binary Trigger Gen3

I've previously tried a Bumpfire Systems stock and I was disappointed. It may totally be user error but I just couldn't get it to run consistently. Maybe I was over thinking it. IDK

Now I've installed a Franklin Armory Binary Firing Systems (BFS) Gen3 trigger, and after 1 mag of 30 rounds I am tickled & I think I want another one for my SBR.

*Note: my comments here are based solely on this one time trial of 30 rounds. It will be far too easy for me to blow through my stash as I don't have thousands in stock.

I gave a lot of consideration to the Fostech Echo trigger. Negatives for the Echo are $479 price tag, supposedly requires their Bolt carrier and there's like a 4-6 month wait (I hear). The positives for the Echo is supposedly it is impossible to get hammer follow, and it is a drop in trigger pack(cassette). Some day if there isn't a waiting list, I may get one.

Why I settled on the BFS-
    -well, for one, it was available.
    -Second I wanted to put it in my Ruger SR556 which is a piston gun, and if the Echo requires it's own DI BCG then it wont work.
    -According to Franklin the BFS will work in any type of AR system - AR-10; 9mm AR; .22lr uppers etc.
    -Also the BFS trigger retails for about $100 less than the Echo.

I can't afford to do mag dumps, but the controlled pairs was really fun, and I did let it rip for about 10 or so rounds with no hiccups.

It comes with an extra strength buffer spring which is supposed to help tune the system and to avoid hammer follow, and by using it in my Ruger SR556 I also can adjust the gas if needed.

All in all, yeah it's a lot of money for a trigger, and I have no doubt there are folks that can do just as well with a nice Geiselle trigger or make them bumpfire stocks work as intended, but I have no regrets and as I said I'm probably going to get another down the road.
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; January 19th, 2017 at 03:11 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Huntingdon County)

Default Re: Franklin Armory Binary Trigger Gen3

What no video?
    Because Failure Is Not An Option

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by LMTguy View Post
    What no video?
    Here is someone else's video

Last edited by ExFlyinguy; January 19th, 2017 at 03:19 PM.

I plan on acquiring three of these - for my PSA PA-9 10.5" SBR, my PSA PA-15 16" carbine and my PSA PA-15 20" rifle. At least once the paperwork comes back on the SBR (in excess of six months now - SHOULD see it this month...I hope...) and I get three proper uppers. Keeping the Geissele in my Colt and my SCAR. Unless I like this trigger that much AND they end up making non-AR versions (AK, SCAR, etc., etc.).

I mean...for all intents and purposes...this is LEGAL two-round burst. Short of repealing the Hughes Amendment, this is the best most of us will get (without using a ridiculous looking stock).

(Bucks County)

My only concern with these two round burst triggers is they seem to encourage poor trigger press fundamentals. I've never shot one (so could be wrong) but imagine a lot of trigger slapping.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ooglar View Post
    My only concern with these two round burst triggers is they seem to encourage poor trigger press fundamentals. I've never shot one (so could be wrong) but imagine a lot of trigger slapping.
    I don't want to speak as though I'm trying to sell this thing, or as if I'm an expert on it, or any other trigger, I'm not.

I agree that it's something that a user should train themselves on. One needs to be disciplined enough to know that second round is coming, or how to switch the selector if the need arises to prevent the second shot.

For the couple of shots that I fired in the "semi" mode, I found the trigger very pleasing. I'm not saying it was as nice as the Timney that I took out, but it wasn't as bad as the stock trigger that originally came in the Ruger.

The Binary function seemed to come very natural. I think it will come down to what one wants their AR to do. For some the price is just too much, or as Solaran X said above me:
    " I mean...for all intents and purposes...this is LEGAL two-round burst. Short of repealing the Hughes Amendment, this is the best most of us will get (without using a ridiculous looking stock).
    I couldn't stand the look of that bumpfire stock on my sbr, but then again I didn't really need an SBR. This was another small price for me to say "Murica"

I'm planning on purchasing one. These binary triggers will be easier to control than bumpfire stocks.

We're you on waiting list, as I thought this was nealy same price as the echo trigger.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I'm planning on purchasing one. These binary triggers will be easier to control than bumpfire stocks.

We're you on waiting list, as I thought this was nealy same price as the echo trigger.
    Hi Aubie. No waiting list for the Franklin. They are in stock with my distributor. I just sold my last one on GunBroker, but have a few more in route. As far as I know the Fostech Echo is only available directly from Fostech and their website says " THE ECHO TRIGGER IS CURRENTLY ON BACK ORDER AND A TRIGGER ORDERED TODAY HAS AN ESTIMATED SHIP DATE OF THE 2ND QUARTER OF 2017." Link:https://fostechoutdoors.com/shop/ind...duct_list&c=15

(Cumberland County)

I'm so close to buying a complete Franklin binary lower. I see the triggers go for $300-$400 ish and complete lower is $699. Just trying to convince myself it's worth it I have been watching and following the binary system for months now. Thanks for posting !

Took out my Franklin Arms BFS III for first time today. I didn't even read the directions on how to operate it since I installed the trigger. This binary trigger is great and it's a very simple learning curve. So much better than bump fire stocks. I'm sold on it and I might be picking up another one or two.

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread on the same topic.